“Good standard chain hotel ”

Premier Inn Lancaster Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

We had a family room which was well set up and very good.

Hotel was quiet. Beds good.
Little beds and cot for kids good.
You get 30mins free wifi too.
Car parking just outside our room.

So if you are driving up the M6 and want to stop off to give the kids a break it's fine.
Oh tip, find somewhere nice to eat in town, it's just a mike away.
(Look up the attached restaurant on this site, it's an amusing read).

Stayed: August 2014

Reviewed August 17, 2014

I have come to the conclusion that for travelling around the UK on a budget, you can't beat Premier Inns for a consistent standard of comfort, facilities and welcoming staff.
Lancaster is no exception. We just spent two nights here, breakfasting in the adjacent Brewer's Fayre, and had no complaints at all. The thirty minutes free wi-fi per day was more than adequate for checking and replying to emails, although it would be helpful if they made clear that the 'per day' is the twenty four hours from check-in: I was puzzled the second morning to be told on trying to access the internet, that I had already used up my time. Once three o'clock came, a new day started and a new 30 minutes with it.
One tip; odd-numbered rooms look out onto the front of the hotel and the car park. Evene numbered overlook the busy main road into Lancaster.

Room Tip: Ask for an odd-numbered room.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2014

This hotel is excellent in every way from checking in, to leaving on last day. The room was clean and fresh everyday that we was there. There was 5 of us in the room 2adults and 1child 2babies and still have plenty of room. Fans were provided and I asked for a cooler room which I was given on the road side, I was worried at first with kids sleeping and weather being so warm but all 4 days we stayed not once did I close the windows and the sound of the motorway was nothing, and I'm a VERY light sleeper. The restaurant was excellent food great, kids menu great, clean. Every night we asked for bucket with ice and glasses no problems got it. The only little thing I felt disappointed with was on checking in maybe being told that restaurant bookings needed to be done there and then, but once I booked for Saturday, Sunday and Monday it was fine. I liked others to no the names of people who I dealt with, as working in the same environment having people take notice of you and your name makes you feel proud that you helped or made others happy. Reception premier inn - Karen manager who shared her sweets with kids they loved that, Toby, Gareth, Naomi, Lucy. Housekeeping - Donna and the young girl on my last day-deputy housekeeper I think. Play area Christian and the lady even went out of there way to speak to me which I think was good. Restaurant staff - Sophie duty manager, Jess w, Jay, Karl, Charlene, Mark, Callum, Paige. Rebecca from restaurant who came across blunt as my partner put it but over all the best staff was Hannah B a credit to whitbread looked shy but went out of her way to help and was always sorry bless her.

Room Tip: Free wifi for first 30mins. When checking in book your table in restaurant straight away.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Excellent hotel, great value for money, no outside noise. Would highly recommend, friendly courteous staff, great food, overall a lovely hotel at great rates, handy location for M6 - not a bad word to say about this hotel

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2014

A very convenient stop-over on a trip to Scotland with easy access from the M6. (Last time we made the mistake of staying at the Travelodge which is the subject of 'other' reviews!)
The only problem at this Inn was a broken down lift which meant a long haul up to the top floor room so I have had to dock it a star.
The Brewers Fare alongside was quite adequate after a long journey.
Beds as expected - comfortable and spacious.
Back onto the motorway within 2 minutes to continue our trip north.

Room Tip: If the lift is still not working - select a lower floor room.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Premier Inn on the 9th of August. Nice and clean, lovely powerful shower. No staff on reception at 1am so was able to walk straight in and up to my room, this lack of security concerned me slightly. Other than that, a nice place to stay.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Stayed for one night on our way to Edinburgh. Staff were friendly and offered a fan for the room as there was no air conditioning (this would improve things!). I would have given it a 5 if there wasn't such a busy road outside so there was lots of road noise. The breakfast is very good value if you have children.

Room Tip: One not on the road side as there was road noise
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
Holiday Inn Lancaster
Travelodge Lancaster M6
Toll House Inn
Toll House Inn
#3 of 6 in Lancaster

Been to Premier Inn Lancaster Hotel? Share your experiences!