“Christine Taylor”
Review of The Boot & Shoe

The Boot & Shoe
Ranked #39 of 231 Restaurants in Lancaster
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Great food live sport beer garden kids play area and outside bar 7 cask ales great selection of bottled beers and 4 lager's on draft We also have a wood burning pizza oven and a function room which holds 60 people we offer great buffets from £6.95 We show sky sports & BT sports
Reviewed June 9, 2019 via mobile

We booked a table for mums 77th birthday,the staff were very friendly and professional,and although we were told there may be a delay with food as it was busy, we were not kept waiting beyond an unreasonable time, our food was delicious. The staff made mums birthday with the arrival of her cake song and all, well done and thank you.

Date of visit: June 2019
BootnShoe, General Manager at The Boot & Shoe, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2019

Hi and thank you for the review glad you and your family/friends where looked after many thanks again

Alasdair & Team

Reviewed June 3, 2019

Visited on Saturday evening & picked this pub as it was near where we were staying overnight & was showing the Champions League Final on big screens. Booked an early meal at 6pm to make sure we were finished by kick-off ;)

Despite being their busiest night of the year service was still relatively prompt & staff were very friendly. My steak was excellent - cooked just as requested. Good value too - 2 startes, 2 mains, side dishes, a beer, soft drink and bottle of Malbec - £58 !!

Nice atmosphere with supporters of all sorts of teams but all getting along & chatting together.

Date of visit: June 2019
BootnShoe, Assistant Manager at The Boot & Shoe, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2019

Hi and a massive thank you from all the team here at The Boot we are really glad you enjoyed your visit we wonder if you celebrated with the champions ??? Whichever team you where supporting we are happy that you are happy thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.

best wishes The Boot and Shoe team

Reviewed May 22, 2019 via mobile

I came here one sunny evening with a group of friends. The place has a lovely atmosphere and the waiting staff were efficient and polite. However, the food just wasn't up to scratch. My pizza was just simple, just average really. One friend referred to her pasta dish as "disappointing".
Simple but definitely nothing excellent.

2  Thank Traveller162014

So sorry to hear you did not enjoy our food or that we did not meet your expectations gutted

regards

Boot & Shoe

Reviewed May 21, 2019

Please don't be fooled by the lovely interior of this pub, as I have given it a second chance recently and absolutely hated my meal both times. The first time I had the burger, the second the chicken. Both were incredibly unappetising. I also don't understand how it's so hard to get a good plate of chips. I've left the majority of my meal both times. They also charged me for an extra pizza topping then didn't give the topping or a refund of the topping price.

Having said this, the pub has a lovely atmosphere and is extremely warm and welcoming. Good selections on taps and friendly enough staff.

Date of visit: May 2019
BootnShoe, General Manager at The Boot & Shoe, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2019

Hi I really would like to know when you visited so I can find out what went wrong
please could you email me the details

regards

alasdair

manager@thebootandshoelancaster.co.uk

Reviewed May 12, 2019

Only ever had a drink here watching the football usually. Great, warm atmosphere. Big place, good feel to it. Not had a meal as yet, will edit once i have.

Date of visit: May 2019
BootnShoe, General Manager at The Boot & Shoe, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2019

Thank you for you review we do hope to see you again soon

best wishes