“Great cafe”

Ranked #9 of 22 Quick Bites in Lancaster
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 5, 2019

Not fancy in any way, just good service and good food at brilliant prices. Good for snacks and coffees.

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed January 8, 2019

I dropped in on my way to a train last week. I used to live in Lancaster and have always liked Diggles over the usual Greggs, not least because you can get hot rolls all day. Unfortunately I had to leave after ten minutes to get my train, without food because the service had been so delayed by the ONE person in there in front of me.

Admittedly she was the kind of evil witch who asks exactly how everything on the menu is made and then pays in a handful of copper, but that doesn't excuse the two other members of staff who ran and hid in the back for the entire duration of my visit.

I had to get train food. It was awful. You suck Diggles.

Date of visit: January 2019
2  Thank EdSometimesWithAmber
Reviewed December 1, 2018

Hot drink was cold, took ages to get served at the counter and the they got my order wrong. The actual food was pretty poor quality and not exactly what was offered on the menu, although still relatively tasty. The staff were apologetic, remade the food and brought it to the table which was kind of them. The kitchen area looked really gross from behind the counter and the staff were mucking about and shouting at each other instead of taking our order.

Date of visit: December 2018
1  Thank mabelbarc
Reviewed November 28, 2018 via mobile

Came into diggles fo get coffee & a bacon bun, I ordered at the till, not only did I have to repeat my order numerous times as the assistant was to busy having a conversation with her colleague BUT she kept touching the top of the cups before making up my drink, then going to prepare my bacon bun WITHOUT washing her hands!! I found this very off putting!

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank h9104
Reviewed November 27, 2018

Called in Diggles as we arrived in Lancaster, we received excellent service in lovely clean surroundings. Food was excellent with plenty of variety.
Well worth a visit