“Never Been A Let Down”

Sabai
Ranked #60 of 231 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: local family run restaurant. SABAI means relax and enjoy which is our concept. we offer genuine authentic Thai cuisine of the highest quality giving a 'TRUE THAI TASTE' at very affordable prices without compromising on quality. all meals are prepare and cook in individually by owner/chef 'Pha'and co/chef 'Emm' and can be tailored to suit any individuals tastes upon request. our restaurant in fully licensed/ air condition and had a FIVE STAR FOOD HYGIENE RATING. please give us a try at SABAI - talk to the owner/chef and receive a genuine warm welcome. we are situated in the castle conservation area two minutes from Lancaster train station, 50 meters from Lancaster historical castle and 40 meters the Royal King arms hotel.
Reviewed March 9, 2019 via mobile

Great authentic tasting food, friendly staff, good price. If you are looking for a change from the norm I would thoroughly recommend.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed March 3, 2019

Went here on a recommendation. Once inside, there's more of a cafe feel than a restaurant but I wouldn't say that's particularly a problem unless you're after an evening with atmosphere as that isn't really the case here. The choice of food is decent but not mind blowing. The mains portions need to be improved as my group needed to fill up on rice and chips but it all tasted o.k.
All in all, an acceptable but not memorable end to an evening...Oh, and bring a coat as they they're obviously struggling to pay the heating bill.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed September 23, 2018

First visit,very disappointed. Looked very chubby,in nee of a good clean. Holes in table cloth,cutlery needed a good wipe. The lady that took our order was wearing a dirty white top and an absolutely filthy stripped apron. We were the only dinners,so thought service would be quick but they seem to concentrate on the takeaway side. Starters were cremated and didn’t enjoy the mains. Won’t be back.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank thebrown777
Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

We had eaten here previously a couple of years ago and were not overly impressed, however this visit was ok, 6pm on a Friday and only 2 other covers, two starters and two mains and apart from a lack of cashew nuts in our Massaman all tasted fine plus a decent bottle of red so overall no complaints.
However a tip to the lady chef and I presume owner, you need to get your staff more relaxed, the service was ok but it needs lightening up maybe pop out your self and say high to your customers.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed April 25, 2018 via mobile

Food was inedible avoid at all costs so let me illiterate further.... prawn toast... cremated.... ribs... meatless.... Thai green curry.... pis# soup with stale chicken slices suspected out of a packet from a local spar.... we tasted it and believe me we tried we were seriously hungry on a sunday night after a long weekend but honest to God we had to bin the lot it was 'VILE'never ordered from this excuse for a restaurant before and boy what a mistake it was any good reviews they must eat dogsh## Monday to Friday... if you don't listen to my advise then you will learn the hard way .
P.s they don't reply to complaints just eat offered me a full refund but they said sabai thai refused.... so I refused and said I want an apology out the scum that had the cheek to send out that food.... worst of all I tipped driver 3 notes on top of the 35 fees for rat food.... i will be on at every avenue to close this scum outfit down now as they have taken the pi## out the piss now x

Date of visit: April 2018