“Great Cake”

Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Grange-over-Sands, United Kingdom
“Great Cake”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

Great little place for a cake, coffee and a catch up. Lovely that it is a little bit tucked away, meaning you lose some of the hustle and bustle sometimes associated with Lancaster on a sunny day.

Visited August 2013

Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Delicious cakes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

But far too expensive! and the restuarant was very full with nowhere to sit because it is so small.Stairs are very very steep too.

Visited August 2013
Clitheroe, United Kingdom
“Syphon coffee?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

We chanced upon The Music Room whilst killing time in Lancaster - quite a find.We ended up having two sorts of coffee (being up from the country we'd never heard of syphon coffee), cakes and sandwiches. Manned by mainly young good-looking men, I could have sat there all day - my partner was more interested in the array of scientific-looking coffee making apparatus.
Not cheap, but the coffee and food were good and we'd definitely visit again.

• Visited February 2014
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Best tea in Lancaster ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

I love this place, my boyfriend and I come as a treat every few weeks and it never disappoints! I was trying to make my way through all the teas but I got stuck on blue sky, it's so lovely

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Could do better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

I used TA to find some new places to eat out in Lancaster and on the strength of my findings, came here. It is a little hard to find Sun Street but there is a signpost, which helped. It was quite nice, but not as nice as other reviewers found it. Lovely building from the outside. It is true that it gets very full very quickly. 3 tables downstairs and a bar stools along the window at the front, as well as 3 tables upstairs. The cakes and tea/coffee were very nice, but the place is let down by the incongruous décor and the lacklustre, disinterested young staff. My friend got no milk with her delicious Nicaraguan coffee "Maragogype" from Fincas Mierisch, and no teaspoon, so we had to go up twice to ask. A little TLC and a little customer service training would both be a great asset and give The Music Room loads of potential. It could be such a great little place to go back to, time and again, and I am sure many do, but I shall not. Sorry - I so wanted to fall in love with this place!

• Visited January 2014