“Brilliant Party” 5 of 5 bubbles

Oscar's Wine Bar & Bistro
Ranked #33 of 238 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: Bar, British, Wine Bar
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Brilliant Party”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

I have reviews oscar's for a restaurant meal but feel I should also give it a shout for the top bar. I attended a friend's 30th and we had an awesome night. I had no idea there was a private bar on the top floor and had assumed we would be in the main bar. The decor upstairs is stunning in a Manchester vibe way. A massive velvet Chesterfield with cool furniture and lighting. Everyone got on their feet for a dance and the canapés that came out (tiny fish and chips and burgers) were really delicious. We all agreed it was an amazing night and my friend said they even decorated the lounge as a surprise. Keep it up Oscar's you are a great venue with lovely staff to match.

1 Thank Jackieireton

Lancaster
“UH-Mazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Been waiting to try Oscar's for a while after it had been recommended by a friend.
Probably the best burger I have ever had. Only complaint that it was too big to get in my mouth.
Service was attentive and friendly.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Ross989
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great burger. Great place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

I had the 'mountain burger' and my friend went for the 'chicken tower'. The portions were huge and we fully enjoyed them both. Great service - I was happy with being able to tell the waitress how I liked the burger to be cooked and the punctuality and overall friendliness of the service.

A good spot and one that I will definitely visit again.

1 Thank Hd12345
“Outstanding, definitely be back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Always pop in during the week for a burger or lasagna, So decided to come on sunday and try the roast, The beef was cooked to perfection, and the yorkshire pudding was huge! (always like a good yorkshire pud!) My partner had the chicken which he said tasty and not dry! It was fairly busy when we arrived and the girls serving were run off there feet, but sayin that the service was extremely good, even when my little one started to play up. The waitress brought over a balloon which kept him entertained so we could finish our meal. That was something I have never seen before, attentive service. Friendly staff, had a nice little chat with the waitress and found out she was from the York Oscars, glad you brought her over!! tasty food, reasonable price, and the toilets are the cleanest I have seen in Lancaster!! Will definitely be comeing back. I will be recomending this restaurant to everybody.

1 Thank Lancasterlas
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Brilliant burgers!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Visited recently after recommendations from friends. They really do make the best burgers! I had tried to come a few weeks earlier but they were shut on a Monday night so we went to the Borough instead. The burgers at Oscars in comparison to the Borough are tastier, cheaper, and come with a more varied selection of bits on the side. Will definitely be back. The service is great.

• Visited March 2013