“Another great visit”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
“Another great visit”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Since my previous review we have been back a few times (for both drinks and meals) and everything continues to be excellent. We had Sunday lunch and the roast beef was delicious. I was asked whether I would like my beef pink or well done, which was a refreshing question considering most places I have been to serve their roast beef overcooked. Not so here - the beef was tender and delicious. I liked the fact that I got a separate jug of gravy too. The service is great here with the staff being friendly without being overbearing. We have also recently visited for a midweek meal and the burgers and fries are consistently fantastic. I love the fact that you can ask for your meat cooked a certain way and they always do it right (or at least they always have for us). We'll keep visiting!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank L0zG2014

Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Great tea and a lot of choice in menu”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

The portions are really big but good quality. My friend and I ordered a starter and a main but only need one course. I had a platter for my main of pate , Italian hams, eggs etc and it was really nice. Good place to eat as drinks are very reasonablily priced

1 Thank slocker1
Lancaster
“Excellent”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I have been many times over the last three months. Lunch time and evenings
I find the meals excellent and plentiful. Freshly cooked and piping hot.
The Manager and staff or exceptionally friendly and always willing to chat if you want to.
Service with a very friendly smile.
Will keep going and recommending this place to anyone who will listen :-)

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank BevisLancaster
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Good pub type food”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We like this place - good for standard pub food. It's a pretty big place, but has quite a nice atmosphere and has been busy when we have been. Nothing exciting about this place but it's quite consistent.

Visited October 2012
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Only had drinks here but they are quote cheap.”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I went there for post dinner drinks with my friend. The atmosphere was really good and the music at a good volume so we could still talk but were not uncomfortable with the silence as it was mid week and so abit quiet. I had a glass of wine and for a large glass of house red £4.25 and so it to be so nice for a house wine it was amzing value for money.

• Visited November 2012