All reviews top floor separate bedroom saturday night excellent location car park apartment lounge bathrobes toaster cleanliness
Selected filters
Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

Great location. Our studio was very basic and plain looking but fully equipped with everything that we needed. We were very comfortable. The shower was great with plenty of hot water. However on the down side I was very un happy with the standard of cleanliness. Our room was filthy with tide marks, bits and pieces all over the floor and dust everywhere. Such a shame really as the price for this room is fair.
Due to our late arrival I did not complain about the cleanliness as we needed to be out and about. Under normal circumstances I would have refused to stay in the room because of this. We also ran out of toiled roll which was pretty maddening.
If the room was clean I would recommend to stay here as the good points outweigh the bad.
Please sun studios hire a new cleaner because they are badly letting you down.
We were unable to get the WiFi working as it would not connect. The television only worked sporadically if you held the make shift areal up. For some reason the areal socket is no where near the television so a make shift one has been placed next to the television. Not good enough.

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed July 21, 2018

Stayed for one night. We were met by a lovely, friendly staff member who showed us round our apartment and helped us with our luggage.

The top floor rooms were clean, big, and had everything we needed. The plus side of room No 4 is that there is a separate bedroom in the attic which means you get 2 spacious rooms. Very centrally located with easy access to shops etc. (If you have any mobility issues then this may be a struggle as the studios have a lot of stairs)

The young lady on reception was really friendly both on arrival and the morning we left, I wish all hotel staff were like that!

If you are in Lancaster (especially for a Graduation, as we were) this is well worth a look.

Room tip: Room No 4 has a separate spacious bedroom in the attic
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2018

My apartment was spacious, comfortable and well-equipped. In contrast to some reviewers, I also found the reception staff to be helpful and friendly. The key pickup and checkout arrangements worked fine. Despite the presence of several restaurants, street noise was not a problem, even with windows wide open to get some cooler air at night. There was occasional noise from revving motorbikes further away but nothing like a really bad night I once had in Majorca where the locals seemed to race around at 03:00. However, I did have two safety concerns. One was the bathroom where the bath was rather narrow for an over-bath shower and became slippy and difficult to negotiate safely. If this were my property, I would put a grab handle on the wall to help with this. The other was fire escape. Apartments are not as strictly regulated as hotels but I was troubled by the fact that the only exit was down a narrow flight of stairs to a door that was always locked and into a covered courtyard with a padlocked gate. The courtyard was shared with a restaurant and their concern for security is understandable. On the other hand, the apartment is also exposed to the fire risks from the restaurant kitchen... I don't offer a solution but in other parts of my life I hang out with people in the health and safety world and I have learned to notice these things. I think the door at the bottom of the stairs should have a push bar to exit rather than a key-operated lock and the courtyard gate should never be locked. Statistically, the risks are low and the apartment does have smoke detectors and fire-resistant doors. It is not a reason not to stay in an otherwise more than adequate apartment - but I would always have a corner of my mind on the escape route.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed June 21, 2018 via mobile

For transparency, due to poor service by the company we were unable to stay in our prebooked and paid for studio at the weekend.

I was informed by telephone one hour before we were due to arrive that the toilet in our room was not working. I appreciate these things happen but as there was no assurance at that time that a plumber was available and the problem would be fixed for our stay, I would expect under the circumstances for a full refund to be offered immediately or alternative accommodation to be sought with any difference in cost paid for by the company.

I was told that the intention was to put us in a different room when the problem arose but as the current occupants of that room had requested to stay an additional night that day, that then removed the option for us. I felt this was disrespectful to us as we had a longstanding booking there.

Numerous phone calls followed but none of the proposed solutions e.g. £15 refund, a bucket to flush the toilet manually plus others were acceptable to me.

The girl I spoke to was courteous and sympathetic to my complaint but had no authority to offer alternative accommodation or even an immediate refund. I asked to speak to the manager but never received a call from her directly.

I have since been refunded the full cost of the accommodation but as the only purpose of booking it was so that we could enjoy a nearby festival that we had purchased tickets for, we have lost the money paid for those tickets and have not been compensated for that. I did not feel it was unreasonable for consideration to be given to this and I politely requested it but I have received no reply to my email to date.

Unprofessional company to deal with from my experience.

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed May 20, 2018

Stayed here last night on a trip to the Highest Point music festival, we had room 2a which is a little suite with a lounge/kitchenette, separate bedroom and the dinkiest of bathrooms with a shower. Phoned when we got to the building and was met by the very pleasant owner who let us in and spent a short while giving us our bearings and a few suggestions of where we might eat drink and visit. The suite was great to be fair, a little shabby round the edges but clean, nicely done and well appointed with everything you'd expect except a toaster would have been nice. Bathroom was very clean with nice fluffy towels and toiletries, tea and coffee and biscuits were plenty, the bed was nice and comfy with good pillows and covers, there were bathrobes too. Two TVs one in the lounge and one in the bedroom.
Now bear in mind this building is probably a few hundred years old in a conservation area, there's no double glazing and the floors creak a bit so it's not serenely quiet, our room on the ground floor fronted the pavement outside so people walking past can seem like they're in the room if they talk or laugh at volume! My Mrs fell soundly asleep nonetheless, and I wear earplugs so it didn't bother us too much.
The location couldn't be better, the car park is less than five minutes away and the streets around and about are just delightful, only wish we'd have stayed the whole weekend to explore more. Great value for money this place, not without some niggles so it'd be misleading to give it 5 stars but a very good 4 is reasonable, and we'd definitely come again.

Date of stay: May 2018