“A great leisurly Bargain Hunt. . . !”
Review of GB Antiques Centre

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
GB Antiques Centre
Ranked #18 of 46 things to do in Lancaster
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Firstly a big thank you to all the helpful staff. . . nothing was too much trouble.

Once we had stopped gawping at the size of the place - we got down to a great rummage at our own pace with no traders hassling us. I don't know where previous reviewers have been carbooting but they are NEVER like this! Under cover - no desperate sellers and no "Closing in 30 minutes" with people packing up all around.

Whether your budget is £2 or £2,500 (the most expensive that we saw) there is something for everyone. I've been to large Antique Centers before with free admission & found 'undesirables' present - not here! well done GB Antiques - see you in September.

2  Thank Joe B
in 5 reviews
"mooch"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed January 27, 2013

A massive warehouse of antiques and collectables. Well worth the few pounds entry fee. There are a few other shops on site including a tea shop

Reviewed January 2, 2013

it was my birthday on the 28th dec and i was supposed to go to haydock on the 30dec it was abandoned so we remembered g b antiques we had been there many times but this time we were going with my 30 year old son and his girlfriend so when we suggested it to them i could tell they werent too sure but not to let me down they came along well when we got there it only took about 10 minutes and they were really enjoying themselves i set them and my fella a ten pound challenge to see who would get the best bargain at the end of the day well game on my sons girlfriend won she got a beautiful small white chair and a triple wooden
handpainted photo frame it was quite busy and we had a nice snack in the cafe next door all in all a really enjoyable day that they thanked me for and said that they are going to reccommend it to our sons girlfriends parents

2  Thank Margaret A
Reviewed November 14, 2012

My husband and I go specifically to visit GB Antiques Centre (amongst other places) and despite some of the reviews I have read here I have to say we always enjoy the walk round this centre. True, there is a lot of junk but we have found some real bargains which keeps us going back time after time. For collectors like us most of the goods are within our price range unlike some of the antique fairs which we also frequent. So if you can keep an open mind, and willing to have a good rummage I think this centre is definately a good place to go.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My wife and I drove up to Lancaster today to visit the GB Antiques Centre, and were not disappointed. The centre compares very favourably with other similar centres in Lancashire such as Botany Bay and Bygone Times.

Our first impressions were marred by one particular member of staff at reception, who had no notion of customer care, chatting loudly with other members of staff who appeared embarrassed by her loud and vulgar language. We chose to pay (£1.50 per person per visit) and move far away from the Reception point, to move ouselves out of earshot. Having done so, we thoroughly enjoyed the rest of our visit. The antiques and other items on display across the many stalls in the centre are typical of what we have seen elsewhere. Indeed, given the number of stalls and items displayed, we were unable on this, our first visit, to do much more than have a cursory look around, having spent two and a half hours there just familiarising ourselves with the surroundings and the layout. Further visits are being planned! If you enjoy going to car boot sales, charity shops, 2nd hand furniture outlets, and prefer to be indoors, this place is for you. There are bargains galore, and some of the furniture in particular is very good value for money.

2  Thank Barry S