“Best tai food iv ever tasted”

Blue Moon Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 204 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our restaurant is dedicated to providing the finest dining experience. Our cuisine is fine Thai. Only fresh and the very best and authentic ingredients are used. Our chefs have pride in their abilities and do not use MSG. Try Blue Moon for the healthy and tasty alternative.
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Blue moon is amazing dinned here about half dozed times both the fantastic two course lunch (approx 7.99) and the banquet in the evening . Prior to this my fav tai food has always been in a hotel in Dubai but blue moon has blown this out of the water

152BlueMoon, Owner at Blue Moon Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about the Blue Moon. We think you know your Thai food.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Was taken by my boyfriend for my 21st meal , the price isn't cheap but its worth the money , the service was also good very nice attentive people , iv recommend this place to a few people , look forward to going back

1  Thank becka91holt

Thank you so much for your lovely comments and your recommendations. We note what you say about price but you seem to recognise that you get what you pay for. Serving freshly prepared meals using only fresh produce and the finest authentic ingredients does increase our cost. For example we use Thai aubergines and Thai basil rather than the cheaper local alternatives and we use fresh not frozen fish.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

My husband and I have eaten at Blue Moon several times over the last year and each and every time was superb! The lunch menu at £7.95 for 2 courses can not be bettered. The food is fresh, tasty and always feels as though you are eating something "clean" and healthy.
The attention to detail is second to none right down the warmed plates and the fantastically designed crockery and cutlery. The staff are friendly and attentive but not obtrusive. All in all the best restaurant in Lancaster by far! Whenever we have friends and family visiting from out of town we make this our number one choice as we know it is impressive and never lets us down.

Thank you so much for your wonderful compliments and your support. We agree with you. Our kitchen which of course is open to view is spotlessly clean and we do believe that our food which is as you know is all freshly prepared and cooked and uses only the finest and authentic ingredients, is very healthy. Our chefs also pride themselves in not cooking with MSG. Thai food is certainly a healthy alternative and we are striving to deliver the finest Thai food at the Blue Moon.

Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

I've eaten here 3 times now and always enjoy the food which is tasty and fresh. The service is fantastic and I love the decor.

I agree with some of the other reviewers who have said the portion sizes are slightly on the small side. I tend to go here as a treat when I'm dieting as know that I wont over-eat as I may do if I go elsewhere. That works out fine for me, but on the last visit I went with my partner who was still hungry after prawn crackers, a main and a pudding, and had something else to eat as soon as he got home.

I've found the alcohol prices fairly reasonable in the past but on the last visit I wasn't drinking alcohol and when the bill arrived I realised I had been charged almost £6 for two small glasses of lime and soda which I found to be excessive when you can get this for 50p a glass in most pubs.

Overall, a nice restaurant though and cannot fault the taste of any of the dishes I've tried.

Thank you for your helpful comments. In particular we are pleased that you enjoy the freshness of our food. Pleased that you like the service and decor.We will look at the pricing of the drinks you have mentioned. We have reviewed our portion sizes several times and will continue to keep these under review. Of course it depends which dishes and how many you order. I enjoy our extensive menu so much that I order too many dishes.....

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We made a last minute reservation at this establishment and had the most fantastic evening. The food and service were top-notch. We haven't had a dining experience as good as this since our last foreign holiday. The staff even appear happy!
Can't wait to go again.
Thank you.

So pleased you decided to try us. Reviews such as yours make our staff even happier. Thank you.