Holiday Inn Lancaster
Wagon & Horses(Lancaster)
The Sun Hotel(Lancaster)
  • Breakfast included
1,186 results
All reviewstwo double bedshealth clubswimming poollake districtleisure facilitiesgood sizebuffet breakfastevening mealroom was largeroad noiseplenty of parkinglong journeythe ground floorfamily roomsteam roomstayed for one nightbrewers fayre
Reviewed August 18, 2010

We are staying here now and the facilities like the pool are great!! The location is excellent and is 10 mins from morcambe and 35 mins from lake Windermere. The restaurant is well slow and the service is bad so we had to complain. The manager was great and sorted it out with the way of a gratuity. The service can vary from stay to stay so let's hope it is improves!! Overall not bad for the price for a family of 4 would only book at discount price for it to be a great deal!

Reviewed August 15, 2010

Booked and Paid For Room in Advance. On Arrival Tired grubby Hotel with Tired Grubby Staff. Tired Dirty Rooms and Expensive Mediocre Food and drinks.
Reception, No booking, No Rooms Full. Sorry. Presented Booking Receipt. Oh Dear!
"Room service will Get a Room for you now maintenance has fixed toilet". We go to eat.Starters:- odd looking and tasting deep fried mushroom with a salad slimy warm and blackening.
Mains:- £15.50 for 6oz Sirloin, bit of watercress, one mushroom and greasy limp frozen chips £3.65 for pint of Bulmers cider. Steak and ale pie arrived smashed like Eton Mess. "Sorry, it broke up a bit" (hee hee Smile) left most of it and the awful mash. Had to ask her 3 times for a glass of lemonade.
Room Ready. One Key for us both. Doesn't work. Return to reception. Reprogram key-Works. The room was dusty, grubby, the teacups had last occupants dregs dried in the bottom. Bathroom, long, black thick hairs on the floor and in the bath. A brown finger-smear which looked worryingly like excrement on the shower-cap dispenser. (We didn't test it!!) No Shampoo. No Soap One plastic cup left. No Biscuits.
Back to kitchen, given new cups and spoons. Reception looks surprised when asked for toiletries and offers part used toilet roll with a long tail over the counter. I expllain I want soap and shampoo. He gets out an old cardboard box on the desk and rummages. No none here, I.ll get it sent up. It never arrived. went out and bought some shampoo and soap so we could shower after 7-hour drive. Biscuits?-" No sir we dont provide them any more" What at £115 per night ROOM only? No sir. Breakfast. Typical cheap and cheerful mass feed. Fatty sausages, salty bacon, warm orange juice.
A serious disappointment. Filled in a feedback form an hour before checkout and handed it to desk guy. No comment at checkout. Probably threw it away.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2010

We stayed here during the coldest winter we had in the United Kingdom for a long time, on our way to Edinburgh. Located just off the M6 motorway, the location is pretty good if you're heading off straight away. However, it's quite a bit out of Lancaster itself, so you will need to drive if you intend to go into Lancaster (although there are some restaurants nearby; apart from the hotel's own). The fact that there is free parking outside is definitely a draw.
The hotel itself is fairly average for the ex-Forte Posthouse type it is. The decor could do with a little attention. The staff were friendly and reasonably helpful, so that's the main thing.
As for the room, it was huge in size, which was a plus. The bed was average in comfort but this didn't detract from getting to sleep. The view from the room was of an Army barracks, so it was not particularly aesthetically pleasing! Everything in the room and bathroom was clean, which is also a good positive.
Breakfast left a lot to be desired - especially if one is expecting a good, cooked English Breakfast. There was a mediocre choice but it was fine for a quick bite.
All in all, the hotel lived up to my expectations and served its purpose as a clean, convenient place to stay to break up what can be a long journey northwards.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2010

after a brief weekend stay i must say i found the staff in all deparments to be friendly and courteous mostly knowledgeable the restaurant staff where extremely welcoming and even at busy times took time to aknowledge everyone with a smile and friendly "hello i'll be with you soon" thank you to Kerry who served us in the restaurant aswell as the other staff. She was superb with our young children and took time to talk to us and make sure our dining experience was good. Another thank you to the other female staff whowere working aswell. This was a pleasant stay and we will be looking forward to staying again next month.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 26, 2010

On my way to Scotland for a weekend away with my wife we decided to break up the journey at the Holiday Inn. We checked in, the rooms were of excellent standard, the reception was of excellent standard, however a few minor problems persisted. With an extremely busy restaurant I understood their would be a wait. After being advised to take a seat in the bar area I sat down and pondered what to drink. After deciding on a pear cider I made my way to the bar and was greeted by a delightful smile, the name tag named "Kerry" the smile however, was to be shortlived. After being told the bar doesn't sell pear cider I asked for a recommendation which was greeted with a smirk, an horrendous noise from the nostril and a I've no clue what you like. GOBSMACKED isn't the word. Anyway I ordered my draught cider and asked for it to be charged to my room, the reply was, "well whats your room number?" I replied with a pardon and got an upmost cocky, arrogant remark straight to my face in front of several guest which replied "Are you deaf? What is the room number..... (Long pause) Sir" I was gobsmacked, the whole of the bar were gazing at me in a state of fixation. I walked off without the drink and ordered a take away and remained in my room for the rest of the night. Not impressed and had that girl been on her own without the crowdedness of the bar she would have recieved a piece of my mind. Just a short note to say the rest of the staff were brilliant but didn't rush to aid either of us in this moment of complete, sheer madness.

Above average hotel, terrible service.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple