“Lovely lunch with friends ”
Review of Toll House Inn

Toll House Inn
Ranked #22 of 231 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located right in the centre of Lancaster, Toll House Inn is a top quality bar and restaurant. We serve hearty, home-cooked food, ranging from sandwiches to steaks, as well as our locally sourced specials - all best paired with one of our quality cask ales.
Reviewed May 11, 2019 via mobile

I have as here with my friends today for lunch and we had a good time. We had one of my friends daughter and the staff were very accomodating to herm the wine selection selection has improved. There is a very good spring / summer menu. One of my friends had a chicken kebab, another the vegan curry , another a sandwich and a soup and I had the beef brisket. The little girl had the burger and chips but she's very lucky and the burger wasn't a slim burger and instead of a normal bun it was served in a muffin so it threw her off but the staff kindly brought her some sausages. My beef brisket one as lovely , the bean stew and as so nice and everything is full of flavour. Very nice meal.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed March 14, 2019

We went in early and chose a table away from most people as we had a toddler with us. It was actually our wedding anniversary but a normal grandparentsitting day. The seating was comfortable so I could sit beside the little one on a sofa. The staff were pleasantly attentive and avalable for requests when needed.
The food was delicious! For any vegetarians, and I think vegans, the beetroot bourguignon was....
DELICIOUS!
Recommend. We will definitely come back because some other dishes which we saw coming out looked delicious too.

Date of visit: March 2019
Joe R, General Manager at Toll House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2019

Thanks for the review, we look forward to having you back to try some other dishes

Reviewed March 1, 2019

I visit the Toll House on a regular basis for food and drinks, so decided to take some friends. The food, the service and the drinks were all excellent as usual.

The bar is nice to sit in and it’s just all round a pleasant place to be.

Date of visit: February 2019

Great to hear you had a nice time with us once again, and thanks for the lovely review

Reviewed February 19, 2019 via mobile

After having spent a couple of mornings here for business meetings and raving about how good the coffee is, we decided to pop in for lunch the week before Christmas for our Wedding Anniversary.
The Toll House has a lovely warm and friendly vibe with very good service and our food was nice, however I do agree with other comments that it is a little overpriced for some items on the menu.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed January 31, 2019 via mobile

I came here last night with a friend. The staff were very friendly and gave great service. The atmosphere was nice a combination of drinkers and diners. The wine let this place down as so many places on Lancaster serve a lovely pinot and for £6.70 a glass I thought here would be no exception but sadly it was. I didn't try all white wines here so will be back to see if the others are better as it is a nice placs

Date of visit: January 2019