“Good little find - plenty of room”

The Old Bell Coffee House
Ranked #27 of 230 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 4, 2019

Discovered this coffee house by accident - welcomed on arrival, prompt service, good menu, my mother and I were very impressed - we'll be back - thank you!

Date of visit: February 2019
Maps37393095152, Owner at The Old Bell Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded today

Thank you for your lovely comments, see you soon

Reviewed January 20, 2019

We have been regular customers of the Old Bell Coffee House for fifteen to twenty years and we are never disappointed with whatever food we have. The service is exceptionally quick with friendly and accommodating staff. Yesterday, I tried one of the days specials, chicken korma with rice and this was decidedly scrumptious. This is without doubt the best lunchtime cafe in Lancaster.
J & J

Date of visit: January 2019
1  Thank BroadswordD31

Thanks J and J.

Lovely comments, really pleased you enjoy our little please, see you soon

Reviewed December 17, 2018

This coffee house, in the heart of Lancaster, ticks all the boxes! A warm welcome, great service, friendly atmosphere! Good choice on the menu and reasonably priced. Well worth a visit.

1  Thank MyraW73
Reviewed December 17, 2018

I have visited The Old Bell several times over the past few years. I have never been disappointed with anything I have ever eaten: soup, jacket potatoes, toasties, scones. Really my list is endless! The staff are always friendly and the food is always served attractively.

1  Thank Jane P
Reviewed December 16, 2018 via mobile

I used to enjoy eating here. I have visited the old bell on many occasions since having my daughter, however they have recently changed their policy on taking in prams. I tried to go in for lunch with my baby and parents after seeing that they were not too busy, but I was very abruptly turned away as they don't allow prams in. I said I could easily put the prams down and store it either by the table or at the front. Their response was that it would have to stay outside. The pram was expensive and it was pouring down with rain outside. It's a shame, because it was my go to place when I have family or friends visiting.

1  Thank Elizabeth M
Maps37393095152, Owner at The Old Bell Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2018

I am sorry that your experience of our café was not to your satisfaction on this occasion.

I would like to reassure you that The Old Bell has not changed its policy regarding prams on the contrary we welcome families with prams.

As you are a regular visitor to the café you will understand that it is small inside and regrettably we can only accommodate 3-4 prams at a time without compromising fire safety and access for all our customers.

Fire safety and access is a legal requirement alongside our duty of care to ALL our customers even when that explanation sits uncomfortably with some of our customers.