“Yummy in my tummy!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Yummy in my tummy!”
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

I love this pub. First time we went in was for a meal and then the pub quiz. The portions were massive which we loved and the landlady is always very welcoming. You then got more food in the quiz interval - we were stuffed! They also do vouchers in the local magazine from time to time which is great. The only downside is that it's not in walking distance from where we live!!

• Visited June 2013

Scotland
“Fantastic English pub”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Myself and 19 others descended on The Greyhound in Halton for a dinner night out on a Saturday. We booked in person and they were kind enough to arrange for us to pre-order which would help things go more smoothly on the night.

The pub itself is spacious and we were allocated an end of the pub to set up our tables. The wines list and ale options were good.

We had a range of starters but it was commented by a number of people that the Black Pudding Stack was the best starter they had had in years and would be highly recommended. Everyone was complimentary about each dish (both starter and main) in terms of portion size and quality. We were provided with potatoes and veg to share. The homemade chips were a highlight.

In addition to the great food, what made this place great was the service. For a table of 20, who had pre-ordered, the service was excellent, the meals came out timely and we were never left waiting.

This was a fantastic place to go and sample the delights of a traditional English pub and they are highly recommended by everyone. Thank you.

UK
“Fantastic service, great portions and really great prices”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Came in on the off chance there was a table spare. All tables booked but the pub found a table for us to have a meal. Ordered for a family meal, and when it came I thought I had ordered double. The portions were brilliant, the quality was fantastic and the service was really warm and friendly. On top of this when I came to pay the bill was really surprised how cheap it was considering the quality of the food

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“"Warm welcome"”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Stopped at this traditional pub on the way to Penrith. The landlady was extremely pleasant and friendly. The food was good,plentiful with a varied choice. Not fine dining but you wouldn't expect that from this environment. We would certainly visit again when we're in the area.

Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Excellent food plus great service”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Found this little gem by accident on a trip out on Sunday (8th September), and really glad I did. I had the southern fried chicken burger, and my girlfriend had the baked potato with chicken and mozarella. I have to say this burger was the best I have ever had, it felt like the chicken breast had been made on the premises and not just bought in. Moreover the chips, OH MY WORD ! best I've ever tasted apart from my Nan's when she used to make them, fantastic. I noticed that a few chip butties had been ordered, so obviously the locals know how good they are.

The baked potato was exceptional and the combination of mozarrella and chicken was a winner, no grissly bits or bad bits of chicken. Both these meals came with a salad which was arranged like an artist would do it.

Will be going back their again this Saturday to try the lasagne....hope it comes with chips....

All the food was reasonably priced and a very cosy setting with plenty of room for lots of people to eat in, there's also a beer garden at the back so hopefully it'll be sunny too.