“Very nice food but poor service”
Review of Spaghetti House

Spaghetti House
Ranked #19 of 231 Restaurants in Lancaster
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 26, 2019 via mobile

The food was lovely but the service was terrible! No staff around to order desserts so had to go and look for some one and the dessert board was slammed down on the table. The same when asking for the bill and not even a thank you on receiving the money.

Date of visit: May 2019
2  Thank _diane_coward

Reviewed April 30, 2019 via mobile

I have been here a few times and food has generally been ok, nothing to rave about but good enough for my family. This latest visit wasn't good, our food tastes very cheap and bland and I asked for a pepsi which told was coke but it's tasted like rola cola really poor. We ordered side portion of chips and mayonnaise to be given cheap sachets of mayo which tasted foul. The only plus was my daughters spaghetti carbonara which she loved my pizza was too floppy and no crisp to the dough. I shall go somewhere else next week.

Reviewed April 18, 2019 via mobile

I have been coming to the spaghetti house for about 20 years now and in all that time I have never had a bad meal. Whether its happy hour or not I think it's great value for money and much better quality than some of the other cheap and cheerful Italian restaurants in Lancaster. Booking advised as it gets very busy especially with large tables at the weekend. Good location in the town centre with parking nearby in dalton square.

1  Thank theweekendishere
Reviewed April 17, 2019 via mobile

We visited The Spaghetti House whilst staying in Lancaster. Not impressed, Pizza had far too much cheese on it and was soggy. The service was poor. Head waitress did not know the menu very well and they did not ask if we were happy with meal on payment.

Reviewed April 9, 2019 via mobile

Having been here twice now, I truly do not understand the rave reviews this place gets. The food is just OK. Pasta portions are very small, sauces are bland and dishes are under-seasoned. Service is rushed, seating is fairly cramped. The setting is almost reminiscent of a canteen. I am not from the area, and I am genuinely puzzled as to why locals consider this to be decent Italian food.
I have found Salvanas in South Cumbria to offer much, much, much better food for a similar price.

Date of visit: March 2019