“Another excellent meal at NICE Bar and Restaurant”
Review of NICE Bar and Restaurant - CLOSED

NICE Bar and Restaurant
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: NICE BAr and Restaurant is located within the heart of The Storey and is a hidden gem in Lancaster City Centre close to Lancaster Castle.NICE Restaurant serves Mediterranean fusion cuisine Wed-Sat 5-9pm. Eat, drink savour and relax in our stylish upmarket restaurant catering well for all dietary requirements including vegetarians, celiacs and vegans.
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Another excellent meal at NICE Bar and Restaurant”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We founf the staff hugely accommodating to our last minute needs to keep adding people to our party- we had a table booked for 4 people but ended up as 7.

Excellent sea bass and the puddings were a delight!

• Visited October 2013

“Attentive staff”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I enjoyed a pleasant meal here in the main due to the charming staff. The food was ok, the beers and wines better, but the charming and friendly really made the evening.

• Visited August 2013
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Airy atmosphere - great food”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Staff friendly and helpful and the high ceilings give a feeling of space (though some might not like the consequent lack of intimacy). Great food and plenty of it. I had one of the warm veggie salads which was delicious. Not the cheapest - but well worth a visit.

• Visited July 2013
Catterick, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I was very lucky to win a meal for two at this restaurant. The service was excellent, the waiter very knowledgeable and the food was superb!! One of the best meals I have ever had.
I would certainly recommend you go there.

• Visited August 2013
Morecambe, United Kingdom
“Didn't live up to the reputation.”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I don't know why it took me so long to get around to eating here. Actually I do, my friends had always been put off by the large echoey dining hall although I really liked it. The staff were very friendly and attentive too so I was all ready to sing their praises. Unfortunately the food was just average. It was all perfectly edible but nothing impressed or delighted and it really should when the reviews promise so much. I had three courses and tried all of my friend's food and it was all competently cooked but underwhelming. I had a pizza as that seemed to be one of their specialities and the rest of the menu was fairly boring anyway. Also, a well done pizza is harder than people think and, I believe, a sign of a good kitchen. Mine was bland, doughy and smothered in cheese. It was supposed to be the spicy meat pizza but consisted of a few slices of one meat and nothing else apart from far too much bland mozzarella. I had asked for extra chillies which helped give it a boost but it was only as spicy as it should have been to start with. It was a quiet Wednesday night so no excuse for the kitchen but that did ensure that the dining area felt a bit cold and baron. I'm sure if it was a bustling weekend evening it would be great but I'd worry about the ability to do good food under pressure if it was this dull with all the time in the world to make it. There are plenty of places in Lancaster with better menus and better food to bother giving them another try and, considering Lancaster's woeful lack of interesting restaurants, that's saying something.

• Visited July 2013