“Frances & Neil Lancaster”
Review of NICE Bar and Restaurant - CLOSED

NICE Bar and Restaurant
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: NICE BAr and Restaurant is located within the heart of The Storey and is a hidden gem in Lancaster City Centre close to Lancaster Castle.NICE Restaurant serves Mediterranean fusion cuisine Wed-Sat 5-9pm. Eat, drink savour and relax in our stylish upmarket restaurant catering well for all dietary requirements including vegetarians, celiacs and vegans.
Reviewed January 27, 2013

The first time we visited Nice was a sad occasion 12 months ago it was our friends Funeral. We did not know at that time we could eat in the Evening. Now after our 6th visit we think it is wonderful. Extensive Menu, Well Presented and Obliging Staff nothing is to much trouble for them. I usually dread my Husband asking for Steak when we go out but here at Nice I know it will be spot on for him. We have taken 3 friends with us on one occasion and they said they would all go again.

There are newer reviews for NICE Bar and Restaurant

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I attended a small meeting over a cup of coffee at NICE. The group of four sat on well stuffed sofas and it was a good ambiance for such a gathering.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

the name says it all, the food was fantastic and freshly prepared the staff were friendly and so helpful felt relaxed all night so much so already booked again

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Its time I had a word about my favourite eating house. friendly, good atmosphere and above all The Food Is Fresh, Local , Tasty, and well Presented.
Service is very good and the staff could not be more accommodating.
I recently organised a Christmas night out for the medical staff from our department including Surgeon's, Anesthetic Doctors and Scrub staff we all enjoyed the experience and whats most important here,The food.
NICE had to cater for all religions and Tastes that evening, and I don't know how they did it but they did, and to a Great standard.
Value for money is what people are looking for and some times we don't get the best,
Not at NICE their standards are of the highest quality for a reasonable price
Well done to Andrew and his Staff at NICE, See you all in March for the food and wine quiz.
I have been holding back with a review because Andrew is related, and people might think im a bit biest,
But what I have tryed to do is take the comments from my colleagues and wright them down, they are a hard buch to impress, Well done to NICE.

2  Thank Ian L
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We had the absolute pleasure of having our wedding reception at NICE, and I would encourage everyone to do the same –if you’re not already married that is! We had it booked for a year in advance and throughout the whole process Francesca and her staff have been nothing but fantastic. The feedback from the guests has been amazing, and I know much of that is because of where we had it. Many people commented on how original and refreshing a venue it was compared to some wedding reception-factories. It’s such an incredible building and the space worked so well –again lots of comments on this– meal in the music room, the bar for reception drinks and band after the meal, and the auditorium for the DJ in the evening. The use of lots of different areas kept the day really fresh and full of energy, instead of just being in one room for the whole day and evening.

Francesca and her staff were really relaxed but very attentive –even doing things before I’d asked for them. They were all so friendly and helpful (again, lots of feedback) and genuinely cared that we all had a good time. The food was outstanding, NICE has long been our favourite in Lancaster, and being so close to Christmas (22nd December) and with a full restaurant downstairs anyone would have forgiven a slight slip in quality but this was absolutely not the case –all absolutely perfect, and again our guests were raving about the food. Lovely house wine and fizz too –everything is just to a great standard, even the ‘basics’. And again despite such a hectic time of year and busy day the staff weren’t stressed at all, nothing was too much trouble and they were a real pleasure to have around –really added to our day. And add to all this the fantastic value for money –nothing was wasted, the money we paid went on the right things -no showy stuff or flourish, just the right things right.

During the preparation Francesca has been a superstar, happy to investigate and pull together any of my suggestions, it was a real tailor-made wedding, not, as I say a wedding ‘package’, and this really showed on the day by how much we and our guests enjoyed it, and how fun it was - because it was all so relaxed and different. I don’t mean that pretentiously, just hoping to emphasize the uniqueness of this place, it’s really very special indeed and is a real gem of Lancaster.

So to Francesca and her staff –thank you –genuinely, you hosted for us the best day of our lives.