1,594 results
All reviews hot tub open fire university campus outdoor jacuzzi luxury studio leisure facilities reception area leisure club steam room bar food lovely hotel excellent facilities wedding party buffet style large bathroom reception staff biscuits
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We are frequent travellers and have stayed at the Lancaster House Hotel a number of times and have always been satisfied and impressed. In fact, the only disappointment is when there is no availability. The staff are extremely friendly and make you feel welcome. The facilities are excellent and the rooms are comfortable and well equipped. We have stayed at many other hotels in Lancaster and this is easily the best and reasonably priced.
Please book early!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
AndyLemm, General Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear LuxTourist,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us here at Lancaster House,

I am always interested to read the feedback from returning guests as you already have an expectation of what we have to offer and to consistently impress can be extremely difficult. It is therefore extremely pleasing to read you positive feedback and I have of course shared this with the team.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you are next visiting Lancaster.

Reviewed April 13, 2019

I love this hotel. The staff are lovely, the rooms great and it has a lovely relaxed atmosphere which was a perfect antidote to the less than relaxed days on campus. The breakfasts were very varied which was welcomed by my international colleagues/

Dear 146jules1986,

Thank you for providing such positive feedback following your recent stay with us.

Obviously it is extremely pleasing to read just your opening line but then to follow that up with your comment about the team is fantastic. I have shared your feedback with the team and we all look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

We stayed for one night, bed breakfast and evening meel. On arrival the reception was very pleasent, and quickly booked us in. The room (No 16) was large, with a very comfortable bed, all usual amenities, tea, coffee etc, but all quality specialist types. The same in the battroom. There was a very good modern jazz band on in the bar with an excellent female singer.
In arriving in the restaurant it was a refreshing change to be asked where we would like to sit instead if being told where o sit. Although we where on a pre-booked deal it was nice to have the full menu to choose from on not a shortened version. All the food was of a very good standard, well presented and very tasty. All the staff very polite, and very efficient. All in all we had a very enjoyable stay and would return in the future.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear JohnNCathy,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us.

It is always pleasing to read positive feedback such as yours and I was particularly pleased to read that you enjoyed the Jazz band which is something we do every month and also that the staff looked after you during your stay.

I do hope that we do have the pleasure of being able to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed April 1, 2019 via mobile

As I approached the hotel I admired the plain whitewashed walls of the hotel and the black roof with its chimney and windows in the eaves.

On arrival I sat next to a huge fireplace with a roaring real fire and looked up at the red rose stylized motifs. And the balcony in the reception, leading through to the black wooden furniture in the breakfast room.

By the time I got to my room I realised that the interior designer and architect had produced a pastiche of the works of Charles Renne Mackintosh of Glasgow school of Art and Hill House fame. To support this assertion I attach a picture of the High backed black chair from my bathroom. As well as the details from the furniture and building itself. I must say that it works very well indeed.

I really do rather like it.

I loved the very modern bathroom with a walk in shower and stand alone bath. Ditto the copious quantity of Elemis toilettries. Picture attached.

Check in was good, its a £10 taxi ride from Lancaster railway station and its miles from the centre of the town. It seems to be nestled in amongst the University buildings. There is therefore loads of parking spaces at the hotel. The main line railway track is audibly nearby. But the neighbourhood was fairly quiet and peaceful mid week.

The hotel is part of a family owned group of very individual venues , I stayed nearby in Morecambe on a previous visit to the region in the Art deco style Midland Hotel . It too was excellent.

There is an ice making machine by the stairwell, which was handy as there is no fridge in the room. Complimentary still water is provided, I prefer sparkling water myself. I brought my own fresh milk for a decent cuppa on arrival uht is provided in the tea tray . Great bedlinen, bathroom towels and robes.

There is a spa offering a simple range of services, such as manicure and pedicure. Restaurant and bar we're working well when I stayed. And locally there is plenty to see and do for a few days.

My taxi driver spoke well of the town and the various Thai, and Indian restaurants, as well as the multitude of opportunity to exercise in the region and at this hotel with its pool and gym.

To be fair you could be a bit stuck without a car here, though I managed - just.

Trip type: Traveled on business
34  Thank Apicius71

Dear Apicius71,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us here at Lancaster House.

I am glad that you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel and the time that you were able to spend with us and I have of course shared this feedback with the entire team.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of being able to welcome you back again when you are next visiting the area.

Kind Regards

Reviewed March 31, 2019

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past 5 years. They have a nice work out room and pool. The pub is nice (good fish and chips). I highly recommend the restaurant. They deconstruct some English classics. Rooms are older but nice. The onsite laundry service is reasonable.

Date of stay: March 2019
AndyLemm, General Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2019

Dear Joseph H,

Thank you for your recent review of Lancaster House,

I am pleased to read that you have been staying with us for so many years and enjoying the many different facilities we offer, such as the Sandpiper Health Club, Sandeman Bar and The Foodworks Restaurant.
The team and myself look forward to being able to welcome you back again and if we can be of any assistance in arranging your next visit please feel free to contact us directly.

Regards