“Fantastic 5 Night Break *****”
Review of Lancaster House

Lancaster House
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Lancaster
GreenLeadersGold level
halifax
“Fantastic 5 Night Break *****”
Reviewed September 2, 2009

As a regular visitor to Lancaster hse a wonderful 5 nite break in a luxury suite. Bar food fantasic, hot tub and pool superb. The girls in the beauty parlour were lovely and manicure and facial were fantastic. The porter John was curteous and helpful and polite as usual. On the downside of this visit and previous visit we noticed one particular young member of the bar staff was letting the hotel down. This member of staff appears to have no manners or customer relation skills. We find it very offensive not to be acknowledged with a please or thank you when purchasing drinks.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
TimBell, General Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this review, October 2, 2009
Thank you so much for the wonderful review!

I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your recent 5-night stay with us.

Obviously, I was a little concerned that one member of the team didn't appear to be consistent with the rest of our colleagues. Rest assured, I will try and ensure that this matter is dealt with promptly to prevent any further repetition. Please accept my apologies for this shortfall

Thank you once again for the review and please don't hesitate to contact me when you are planning another visit to Lancaster and I will ensure that you have another enjoyable stay.

Thank you once again for keeping us the number one choice in Lancaster and we hope to welcome you both back very soon.

Tim Bell, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
Bolton
Reviewed September 2, 2009

it's actually 18 months or so since we stayed at the lancaster house hotel, but given i've recently booked a weekend break for my parents in celebration of their silver wedding anniversary, at the hotel, i popped on t.a to read reviews and realised i never wrote one!

Unfortunately when my husband and i stayed at the Lancaster House i fell very ill with a chest infection which is why i overlooked reviewing at the time.

We treated ourselves to a luxury suite as we'd been given money for a weekend break for Christmas, and we loved the room, some fantastic little touches like the gorgeous bedding on the superkingsize bed, luxurious toiletries, mineral water, ice bucket and the huge tv which could be viewed from the bed or the bath (with a (medicinal!) glass of wine in hand!)

The leisure club we only visited once because I got ill, but as i remember it was spotlessly clean, warm, and welcoming. The hot tub outside looked fab.

The restaurant - The Foodworks, deserves a BIG mention. The breakfasts were fantastic, with everything you could want and more... still remember how gorgeous the almond croissants were! Service was very good, the restaurant is beautifully furnished and decorated. We had an evening meal there as well and were very impressed, especially with the sticky toffee pudding. The wine list was not extortionate and the food was mostly impressive, creative twists on traditional british food. We were so impressed we've made a booking for my parents on the night of their anniversary, they're sure to love the foodworks!
And sitting by the crackling fire with an after dinner drink ... perfect!

Thanks again to everyone at the hotel for our stay last year, and thanks in advance for what i am sure will be a wonderful anniversary weekend for my mum and dad

• Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
TimBell, General Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this review, October 6, 2009
Thank you so much for the wonderful review!

I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us last year and as a result, we will also have the pleasure of welcoming your parents to Lancaster House. I'm sure that they will have an equally enjoyable stay.

Sorry to hear that you weren't feeling totally 100% during your stay with us, but I'm glad that you were still able to use the facilities and enjoy your stay.

Kindest regards

whitehaven
Reviewed August 31, 2009

just come back from a weekend away at the lovely lancaster house hotel ! hotel is gorg we just love it food was fab, we satyed in the luxury studio suite which are stunning , pool was lovely and warm and the HOT TUB was just super, all in all we have a fab fab fab weekend and sure will be returning ;~)
thanks to all the lancaster house hotel for a super weekend
angela & stephen hoskin

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
TimBell, General Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this review, September 8, 2009
Thank you so much for the wonderful review!

I was delighted to learn that you both enjoyed your recent stay with us and that we will probably have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future.

Thank you once again and please don't hesitate to contact me when you are planning another visit to Lancaster and I will ensure that you have another enjoyable stay.

Cheshire
Reviewed August 17, 2009

We stayed here for our third time, the first being our wedding evening as we had our reception at this hotel. Brought back wonderful memories. Hotel has improved more since then with improvements to rooms and a new restaurant which although we didn't eat there (we had males with us who insisted on going to the local pub to watch football!) looked lovely. Definately try it next time. The staff are also very helpful especially the porter who is to hand as soon as you check in and also the bar staff are very friendly (unlike some places I've been were they seem to stand around just talking and then being pretty miserable with the customers!)

Rooms are very spacious with everything you need. There was a wedding going on whilst we were there and we were worried we would be disturbed with music or people generally in the corridors in the early hours but there wasn't a peep and we had the best night's sleep. Very comfortable beds/pillows and ultra clean linen and towels.

Hotel is based in an area only accessable by so it is out of the way of the hustle and bustle of the city. Really nice pub just down the road called Plough Inn, it had a beautiful garden and although we were only there to watch football thoroughly enjoyed sitting outside.

Can't really say anything negative about this place, only that you don't get a continential breakfast included in the price but everything else is well worth the money staying here. Definatley be coming back soon.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
TimBell, General Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this review, August 24, 2009
Thank you so much for the fantastic review

I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your third stay with us and you like the recent investments into Lancaster House.

Your comments will, of course, be passed on to all the team here at the hotel who always welcome the feedback we receive. John Devine, our famous Front of House porter always deserves his constant mentions. A true ambassador for great customer service I am sure you will agree!

Thank you once again for being one of our "Raving Fans" and keeping us the region's Number One Choice, and I do hope on your next visit that you will get the opportunity to dine with us.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you are ever planning another visit to Lancaster and I will ensure that you have another enjoyable stay.

west yorkshire
Reviewed August 16, 2009

stayed on sunday night saver in a luxury suite room was amazing very swish.Superb hot tub and steam room.service faultless.Dinner very enjoyable sticky toffee pud best ever.lunchtime menu excellent.Will definately be visiting again

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
TimBell, General Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this review, August 18, 2009
Thank you so much for the fantastic review

I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your Sunday night stay with us. The Sunday Savers certainly are great value, especially if you upgrade to the Luxury Suites.

Your comments will, of course, be passed on to all the team here at Lancaster House who always welcome the feedback we receive. I am sure the Kitchen team will be over the moon with your high praise for the Sticky Toffee Pudding. I have to agree, I am a little partial to it myself.

Thank you once again and please don't hesitate to contact me if you are ever planning another visit to Lancaster and I will ensure that you have another enjoyable stay.

Thank you once again for the feedback and we hope to welcome you back very soon.

rainhill
Reviewed August 3, 2009

stayed with a small group that I was entertaining. excellent staff, great food and nice little bar. thanks to all the staff. see the foodworks.

Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
TimBell, General Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this review, August 7, 2009
Thank you so much for the fantastic review

I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

Lanarkshire
Reviewed July 27, 2009

On a business trip in the area, we stopped for two nights at the hotel. Our room on the ground floor was really nice, as you would expect from a 4* hotel. The bathroom, on the other hand, was fairly standard, and oldish -- could have done with some TLC.
The bar served good food at more than reasonable prices. Breakfast was okay, though I do not like self-service buffets. Overall, the hotel offers all the comforts of an establishment of that level, and is reasonably well-kept, with nice little touches. Internet is £1 per 20 mn.
Would go back -- if in the area again.
One little point. I booked my accommodation two months in advance. I was told by another guest that just before we arrived, prices had dropped dramatically. Shame!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank FranBoyle
TimBell, General Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this review, July 28, 2009
Thank you so much for your positive review

I was delighted to learn that overall, you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

As with all the feedback we receive, your comments will, of course, be passed on to all the team here at Lancaster House.

I would just like to respond to a couple of points you raised in your review for your benefit and of course the TA community.

We have been undergoing a rolling refurbishment programme of our bedrooms and bathrooms for about 6 months now and I am sure you will be delighted at the new bathrooms we have installed to 20 of our rooms thus far. I'd be happy to allocate one of these rooms to you on a future visit.

The internet kiosk in reception is chargeable (this belongs to an external company), although High Speed internet in the rooms and Wi-Fi in public areas is FREE for all hotel residents.

Finally, the tariffs work on a very similar model to that of the airline industry and prices can go up as well as down at the last minute so it's not always worth waiting for the best deal. The best price at the time however will always be on the English Lakes Hotels website.

Please don't hesitate to contact me personally if you are ever planning another visit to Lancaster and I will ensure that you have another enjoyable stay.

Tim Bell, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
Holiday Inn Lancaster
Premier Inn Lancaster Hotel
Royal Kings Arms
Royal Kings Arms
#7 of 7 in Lancaster

Been to Lancaster House? Share your experiences!