“Great hotel and conveniently located for the University.”
Review of Lancaster House

Lancaster House
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Lancaster
GreenLeadersGold level
“Great hotel and conveniently located for the University.”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We enjoyed our stay in the hotel while visiting our daughter, who is studying at the University. It is located right next to the University and is very convenient.

We enjoyed using the leisure facilities and had a swim, steam and sauna. The outside hot tub was particularly nice and welcoming despite being March!

The reception and bar facilities are excellent and we enjoyed a late night drink by the fire.

The breakfast was excellent with a great selection from the buffet style breakfast.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
TimBell, General Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Many thanks indeed for your review following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to learn you enjoyed your visit, and managed to take the time to use our leisure facilities as well as visit your daughter.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Lancaster very soon.

Tim Bell, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Booked the luxury 2 night stay with fizz and chocolates for my wife's birthday and to visit the lakes. The hotel is lovely, quite modern and good facilities, the staff are really friendly and the breakfast was amazing. The luxury suite was huge with separate seating area and although it was on the ground floor it was so quiet. The bed was huge too.

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you so much for the glowing review.

I was delighted that you both enjoyed your 2-night Luxury break with us. I do hope your wife had a great birthday weekend.

The next time you have something to celebrate, or just fancy another couple of nights of luxury, we'd love to welcome you back.

Buckinghamshire, UK
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Enjoyed just a one night stay here. VERY convenient for the Uni. Rooms were large and quite adequate. Reception and lounge and bar very comfortable and breakfast was good too. Whilst the spa area is not luxurious by any means its fine for a quick swim, a hot tub session outside and a good sauna. Steam room was not working. All staff that we encountered were helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: A room to the front of the hotel or side may prevent the noise of students returning from a night ou...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the postive review.

I was glad to learn that, overall you enjoyed your visit.

I am sorry that the steam room was not operational during your stay. On very rare occasions, equipment can break down, but I can assure you that we always endevour to have it up an running as soon as we can.

I do hope we can welcome you back again very soon.

Par, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Called in as a stopover back from Scotland, had booked online a couple of weeks prior. Got off to an excellent start when we booked in, had been upgraded to a mini suite. The room was superb with a separate lounge area and full of extra bits and pieces. We ate in the Sandemans bar which had a fairly extensive menu, and the food was of a very good standard and good sized portions. At one point the bar got very busy when a large group of people arrived ordering drinks and food. A person who I believe was the duty manager promptly went behind te bar to help out the two staff that were there and everyone was rapidly served. All of the staff we had dealings with were extremely polite and helpful.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review following your brief stop-over stay with us.

I was delighted to learn that we made your stay comfortable, and thank you for your praise about the team. The hotel is all about its people, and I'm proud to say we have a great bunch of colleagues here always willing to go the extra mile and ensure our customer service ethic remains strong at all times.

When you're next passing, it would be wonderful to welcome you back again.

Chester
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights for a conference, and it was a pleasant experience.
Very easy to find, close to the motorway and well signposted. Ample parking available.
The outside of the hotel and the entrance reception were very aesthetically pleasing. There's a lovely real fire and sofas in the reception so it felt very homely! The bar and restaurant areas are very modern looking, but the conference facilities and rooms look a little dated (although they were clean). There were also lovely views over the hills.
The food in the restaurant was fantastic and there was a great variety. The food on the set menus during the evenings events was a little disappointing.
Unfortunately I did use the gym or spa facilities so can't comment on these.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for posting a review following your recent conference with us.

I was glad to learn that, overall you enjoyed your visit.

I note your helpful comments about the evening food, and I am sorry that it failed to meet your expectations, although I am glad you found your experiences in the restaurant overall to your liking.

I hope we can welcome you and your colleagues back again soon.

Worcester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We were a group of 6 who were in Lancaster for a wedding, so decided to visit a spa/Leisure Club before the big day. I had booked a massage for all 6 people, however on arrival there was an issue, only one therapist was working, so we would not all be able to have our treatment. Apparently they couldn't find my phone number to contact me prior and let me know. Secondly the member of staff on the Leisure Club Reception was VERY rude. She was unhelpful, condescending and very hostile. When asked if we would be fetched for our massage, or if they wanted us to retun to the reception area to wait, her reply was 'i don't know', when we asked how long until the next treatment was going to be, he reply was 'i don't know'. Generally unhelpful. Finally, we were paying £15 each for full use of the facilities, the inside Jacuzzi whilst a very pleasant temperature was next to the pool which was full of children having a fun couple of hours. We tried to retreat outside to the outside Jacuzzi for some quiet time, however the temperature of the outside Jacuzzi was not warm enough to sit in for any prolonged length of time. Finally the steam room was out of order. So despite paying the full amount, we did not get the luxury of using the full range of facilities. The therapist who gave us our treatments was very polite and helpful. However that was not enough to make up for the terrible attitude of the lady on reception.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lucy T
Thank you for your comments following your recent experience in the Sandpiper Leisure club here at Lancaster House.

I was sorry to learn that your experience was less than satisfactory.

Although I do not personally oversee operations for the leisure club, I have liaised with the General Manager of the Sandpiper Club and shared your comments, and she too wishes to extend her apologies. I know that following your feedback, she acted swiftly and launched an investigation to ascertain how and why the usual high standard was not adhered to on this occasion.

I can assure you that your recent regrettable experience was not typical of the high quality service the club usually maintains, and also that steps have been put into place following your visit to prevent any future repetition.

Once again, on behlf of the the Sandpiper Club and Lancaster House, we'd like to apologise for the shortfalls on your visit, and I hope we can get the opportunity to prove to you in the future that we can get it right.

Surrey
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We stayed here whilst visiting friends. First we found that the best rate was on the hotel's own website rather than some 'low cost' websites.
Second, there was a problem with our room when we got to it, the staff without hesitation switched us to a (nicer) room and could not have been better at dealing with the issue.
There is a pool, which we wanted to use, but it was full of small children, which was the only disappointment, but hardly the hotel's fault! Good breakfast, overall very good value for money in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for the kind words following your recent stay.

I was glad to learn that, overall you enjoyed your visit.

I would like to take the opportunity to point out that the pool does have a twice weekly "splash time" that last for one hour which does make it busier than usual. I'm sure if you came to the club at any other time, you would find it a lot more quieter.

I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Tim Bell, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
Holiday Inn Lancaster
#1 of 10 in Morecambe
Royal Kings Arms
Royal Kings Arms
#7 of 7 in Lancaster

Been to Lancaster House? Share your experiences!