“A lovely stay”

GreenLeadersGold level
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“A lovely stay”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed here back in the spring for a friends wedding. Its a lovely hotel and they did such a good job with the wedding. Would definitely stay here again! Every body had such a good weekend none of us wanted to leave! The spa and pool was excellent, had a lot of fun in there with our party

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
TimBell, General Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Many thanks indeed for the great review following your recent stay with us.

I am glad you enjoyed the wedding, and you also found time to make a proper weekend of it and use the leisure facilities.

Hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon

Tim Bell, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night, very clean, good service. Food in restaurant is excellent for both dinner and breakfast. Reasonable price as well, will use for future business trips to the area. Only slight drawback is the location a few miles south of the city.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Bernard K
Thank you so much for your review following your recent stay with us on Business.

I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and also your meals with us.

Hopefully we will have the pleasure of accommodating you again soon

Leicester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We have just returned from spending 3 nights at Lancaster House after attending a wedding of some fantastic friends. Their reception was held here which was out of the world. The food at the wedding, bar and breakfast could not have been better everything was great. The rooms were clean and well maintained. The grounds are lovely and well kept and so relaxing, my grandson got to feed the fish before he left which I think was the highlight for him. the best I have left to the end. The Staff who were brilliant from the check-in which was fast to the check-out. EVERY member of staff were kind, friendly and helpful. Nothing was ever a bother to them and everything that was asked of them was dealt with quickly and to a very high standard. We felt that they went beyond what was expected of them. Well done and THANK YOU to you all for making our stay one of the best we have had and we hope to return one day. keep up the good work.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so very much for the lovely review following your recent friend's wedding with us.

I will of course share your praise with the whole team here who always enjoy the regular positive feedback they receive. The team really do make the difference in a hotel, and I'm proud to work alongside such a great bunch of passionate people here at Lancaster House.

Delighted your Grandson got to feed our fish. They need a good regular feed so please pass on our thanks to him for helping us out.

We hope you can return again, so please do contact us personally if you ever get the opportunity.

Anthorn, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The staff good not have looked after us all any better,the rooms are of a high standard and clean
Food was excellent and the atmosphere was superb
Well done we will definitely be back
We have booked our companies Christmas party for this year because of our recent stay

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for the great review.

I'm delighted you enjoyed the wedding celebrations and we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back for Christmas. I am sure we will be able to give you another great night this December.

Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 6, 2013

This was our third stay, as our son is studying at the University. We have always been given a friendly welcome and enjoyed the rooms we've stayed in. They have all been clean and well maintained. The hotel has a very calm atmosphere and even when busy the staff don't let the pressure show.
The bar meals are great and we now prefer this relaxed food option, there is plenty of choice on the menu. We have only eaten in the restaurant once and had a very good meal there.
If you are on your way up to the Lake District or Scotland this would be an ideal stopover, just off the M6 and only a few miles outside Lancaster itself.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AlanG_MK
Thank you so much for the great review following your recent return stay with us.

I hope you're son is enjoying Lancaster as much as you are. Don't forget to book early for his graduation though, as rooms sell out very quick!

And thanks for the tip on our location. We're very handily placed and I'm sure the TA community will appreciate this advice.

I hope we can welcome you back again very soon

Stalybridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2013

First off may I say what a gorgeous hotel this is with friendly staff. Check in was fast and efficient and we were given our special offer afternoon tea voucher without even having to ask for it. All the relevant information was provided immediately, times of leisure club, bar, restaurant opening etc. When we got to the room we found there was a safe proviided, but no instructions. When I phoned reception I was told a key would be left, for which there was a £5 deposit, and instructions. However when I got back to the room it was an electronic safe. I phoned down to reception who sent someone up who said that he had never seen that type of safe in a room but at no time were we contacted again with regards to the safe. Even when it was mentioned to the duty manager she said she would look at it but never came back to us regarding the information.

Breakfast on both days was a buffet, but on the first day the hot food was not checked and the bacon was rock hard as well as the fried eggs, The second day it was better.

The dinner in the hotel was excellent and of a very high standard. My only slight gripe is that when asked the waitress could not recomend a main course as she said that she had not tried them. However towards the end of the meal we got another waiter who would have known waht to recommend.

If you are staying at the back be warned the university at the back is noisy, particularly late evening. Also the doors in the hotel tend to slam close.

All in all it is a lovely hotel which reminded me of a swiss chalet with very friendly staff. However it is not quiet.

Room Tip: not at the back
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for your review following your recent stay with us at Lancaster House.

I was glad to learn that, overall, you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry for the confusion regarding the safes. We do have 2 types here and I can only presume the team member made an error here. Also, I must apologise that the breakfast on the first day didn't seem to be up to our high standard. I am glad you experienced our usual quality on the second day though.

At the time of your stay, the University were having their annual "Extrav" which is their end of year celebrations, and normally we don't experience any form of interruptions or noise from the campus. We did raise our concerns about this unusually high volume of noise from a certain evening and this was rectified for the following night and our guests were able to get a comfortable night's sleep.

Thank you again for the review and we hope to welcome you back again soon

Manipal
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This was my third time at the hotel. It is a charming and quiet place, just a walking distance away from the University where I had my official work. The rooms are large and neat and the restaurant carries a good menu. The ambience in the bar is great. I would like to stay at the hotel again if I were to visit the Lake District with my family.

Room Tip: Insist on a ground floor room (first floor for Americans!) if you have trouble taking the stairs. I...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review following your third stay with us.

It's gratifying to learn that you have enjoyed all your visits to Lancaster House and obviously we are very handily placed for your work.

Hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back next time you are visiting the University.

Tim Bell, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
Holiday Inn Lancaster
#1 of 10 in Morecambe
Royal Kings Arms
Royal Kings Arms
#7 of 7 in Lancaster

Been to Lancaster House? Share your experiences!