“Wonderful warm and welcoming Christmas retreat”
Review of Lancaster House

Lancaster House
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Lancaster
GreenLeadersGold level
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful warm and welcoming Christmas retreat”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I kept meaning to write this review and can't believe it's taken me so long, we stayed here for Christmas in 2010 and 2011 and I still have incredibly fond memories of those trips. (the only reason we didn't go back for 2012 was that the hotel wasn't sure if they would be able to host the christmas package when we looked so we booked at their sister hotel instead)

The lobby of the hotel has comfy sofas and a roaring fire to welcome you, the rooms are spotless and equally comfy but my top marks have to got to the staff - Tim and his team work tirelessly to ensure every aspect of your trip is perfect, and boy to they succeed (always with a smile!)

We take the dog every year and I think she enjoys it just as much as we do with the rolling countryside and stunning views.

Great easy to find location just off the motorway but far enough to be blissfully peaceful.

Value for money, delicious food and the friendliest hotel staff I have ever encountered (and I travel for work as well ...)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
TimBell, General Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you so much for the review following your two Christmas stays with us. Sorry we didn't have the pleasure of welcoming you back for 2012, but fingers crossed we'll see you again in 2013. We missed you this year, and our four-legged friend of course. I hope she missed us too!

We are always open for Christmas, and details will be on the English Lakes website in due course.

Thank you once again for the great review and we hope to see you again soon

Tim Bell, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
Scotland
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Another enjoyable stay and excellent value for money.
As I stated in an earlier review, we have been coming here for about 20 years and will return again and again.
Good food, smashing accommodation, enjoyable lesuire facilities and relaxing log fire at reception area.
Any concerns dealt with promptly and the staff really do give the impression they take pride in working for English Lakes Hotels.

Room Tip: Choose the luxury suite every time - it doesn't cost that much extra.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Once again, can I thank you as one of our greatest "raving fans" (as we like to call our happiest guests), for taking the time to post another positive review. We're so proud to have so many customers such as yourselves who return year after year.

And you're absolutely right. We do love working for English Lakes, as we all feel part of a great family, rather than a large, faceless organisation. We hope this comes through to our guests and they can enjoy the benefits of this magical team spirit. And great tip on the suites by the way! They're worth every penny in my opinion.

No doubt, we'll see you again very soon

Kindest regards

Presron, England
Reviewed February 10, 2013

in all, nothing to complain about, all nice-nice. just very very bland business-conference type place. come away thinking I could have been staying anywhere. rooms acceptable, nice breakfast, reasonable price, just all very meh

Thank you so much for the review.

On the whole, I'm glad you found your stay satisfactory.

Hopefully next time, we might get the opportunity to prove to you that there are many reasons that we believe set us apart from the rest.

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

This was the second stay here and I made one important change.

Last time we ate in the restaurant and left feeling under fed, over charged and poorly served.

This time we ate in the bar and it couldn't have been more different. Great food, great value and friendly service.

A highly recommended hotel for the price.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank HotChilli99
Thank you for taking the time to post another review following your recent return stay with us.

I'm delighted that this time you found everything to your satisfaction.

As I'm sure you'll see from the majority of our reviews, our restaurant offering does please most of our guests and I'm confident that both the bar and our Foodworks Restaurant offer great value for money. However, I wam glad this time you found the food offering both great quality and value.

I do hope we can tempt you back a third time.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Stayed for a night with my wife and ten year old son. The hotel is clean, well laid out, ideally located near to the motorway and just off the A6 (main road into Lancaster) - the staff we met were extremely friendly and very helpful.
We stayed in a 'Luxury Suite' which I understand have been recently refurbished - and it shows. They have a large well appointed and very nicely decorated bedroom that is seperated by large sliding doors from a living area - both have flat screen TV's. adjoining the bedroom and again seperated by sliding doors is the MASSIVE bathroom consiting of a stand alone bath and shower....the best part was the slate tiled floor has underfloor heating which was greatly appreciated at this time of year!
We ate breakfast in the main restaurant and found it to be plentiful, varied and of a very high standard.
We will certainly stay here again and would reccomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank nkieswetter
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed and comprehensive review following your recent stay with us at Lancaster House. I know the TA community always appreciate a good, balanced review rather than focusing too long on "minor" areas.

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay in one of our suites and I very much hope we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Indeed, if you are ever planning another visit, do contact me personally and I will endeavour to deliver another great stay for you.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Fantastic hotel from walking in to the lovely warm reception area to enjoing a nightime soak in the outdoor jaccuzzi. Breakfast choice was varied and cooked to a very high standard. I have stayed in five star hotels that do not match up to the four star Lancaster House Hotel. I would reccommend booking the luxury suites with the freestanding bath, definitely worth the nominal upgrade fee. Thanks for a truly wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Upgrde to the luxury suite.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DrewClayton
I was glad that you had an enjoyable and more importantly, realxing stay and I thank you for your kind comments about the hotel.

A winter-time soak in the outdoor hot-tub is hard to surpass isn't it?

I will of course share your comments with the whole team here, who always welcome the feedback they receive.

I do hope we can welcome you back to our corner of Lancashire again someday.

Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Once again a fab weekend at the Lancaster Hotel. Staff friendly and helpful, service excellent. The leisure facilities were of a very high standard. I would recommend the restaurant as the food was delicious. Our room was really lovely and exceptionally quiet. Great location to explore the lakes from.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank caloker
Thank you again for taking the time to post a great review following your recent weekend stay with us at Lancaster House. I was delighted we gave you another wonderful time, and you were able to explore the nearby Lake District.

I hope we can tempt you back again soon. Lancaster and the surrounding area has so much to offer in my opinion. Indeed, do contact me personally if you are planning another visit, and hopefully we can give you another stay to remember.

Tim Bell, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
Holiday Inn Lancaster
#1 of 10 in Morecambe
Royal Kings Arms
Royal Kings Arms
#7 of 7 in Lancaster

Been to Lancaster House? Share your experiences!