“A little bit of luxury!”
Review of Lancaster House

Lancaster House
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Lancaster
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed here over night for a works Christmas party, from start to finish the experience was excellent. Beautiful rooms, lovely white bath robes and a bath or power shower. Really good meal I just wish we had been there for longer to use the fabulous pool and spa treatments. The staff are helpful and courteous.,The beds are so comfortable and its very quiet for a restful nights sleep.

Room Tip: Just look on the intranet, the photos sayitall.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
TimBell, General Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Many thanks indeed for taking the time to post a review following your recent Christmas Party stay with us here at Lancaster House.

I will of course share your feedback with the whole team here who I know will be delighted to hear your comments.

I do hope we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back next year, if not sooner. And maybe next time you might get chance to take advantage of our extensive leisure and beauty facilities.

In the meantime, I wish you a great New Year

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Excellent location in particular for those visiting Lancaster University.

Extremely quite so sound, or soundless, sleeping is guaranteed!

one minor issue is that the two single beds were too close to each others

• Stayed: December 2012

Thanks for the positive review. I'm delighted you got a great night's sleep and you found the location handy.

I do hope we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon. Indeed, please do not hesitate to contact me personally if you are ever in the area again and I would be delighted to make the arrangements for you.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

What an amazing place to stay , beautiful building and surroundings, classy decor and welcoming rooms , this place ticks all the boxes . The gym and pool, sauna etc are great and the staff are all very helpful - nothing is too much trouble . The most relaxing 4 days away in living memory and we will be back !!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much indeed for the great review. Delighted we were able to make your 4 days away truly relaxing. In the hectic world in which we live, finding time to wind down and re-charge the batteries is so important I'm sure you will agree. Glad we were able to do deliver for you.

Fantastic to read also that you'll be back. Please don't hesitate to contact me personally and I will assure you another great stay.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

For our 37th anniversary we returned to the town where we first met and stayed at the Lancaster House Hotel - reception very friendly - rooms larger than average and reasonably well equipped decoration a little dated - food in Restaurant was excellent and service was a pleasure - staff actually appear to enjoy serving you - we went for an early morning swim before breakfast - the breakfast itself was excellent - I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting an overnight stay in the Lancaster area

Room Tip: We booked an ordinary room which was larger than average and well equipped - they do also do suites
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
TimBell, General Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Many thanks indeed for taking the time to post a review following your recent anniversary stay with us at Lancaster House.

I will of course share your feedback with the whole team who always enjoy reading the comments they receive.

I was delighted to learn that you will be recommending us, and fingers crossed, we might have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon. Indeed, please don't hesitate to contact me if you are ever planning another weekend away and I will endeavour to assure you another comfortable stay. Alas, I can't control the weather, but there's always plenty to see and do in the area should the heavens open.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the last year. It is always comfortable and reliable.
Reception has always been very friendly, staff are very professional, rooms good size and well equipped. There is an excellent gym and pool- with new CV equipment when I visited last week. Meals in the bar have been uniformly good although the quantities often overwhelming, and I always look forward to a good buffet breakfast. Downsides ? Very few. Although there is free internet this is only via a USB port in the room with WIFI limited to lounge areas. Generally good value.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for the review following your recent stays with us.

It's always great to hear when our regular guests receive a consistently good standard of service, and hopefully feel a little sense of "home from home" here at the hotel.

Glad you like our new gymnasium. We think it's £150,000 well spent, and the equipment really is the best that region can offer now. We like to try and stay one step ahead of the competition if we can.

You may be interested to know that we are in the process of extending our existing internet service so that our Wi-Fi is available in all of our bedrooms as well as public areas. I am sure you can appreciate, this won't happen overnight but we are hoping to complete the project in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully on you next stay you will be able to enjoy this facility.

Once again, thanks for the great review and for choosing Lancaster House as your regular hotel of choice in the area.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

My 2nd trip to Lancaster house, took an advantage of the 'best of Lancaster tour' included in the price of the room was a tour of Lancaster Castle & Lancaster Brewery and also 2 bottles of Lancaster beer in your room - lovely!

As last time I decided to pay a little extra to get a suite, I'm sure the other rooms as nice but is worth the extra! Check in was fine, you also get complimentary use of the hotel pool and spa- the pool is lovely and the outdoor hot tub is a pure joy to behold!

We ate one night on the bar - quality pub grub and on the second evening decided to dine in the restaurant, the food is exepensive and it's quality over quantity but the quality is so high it's worth it! My steak was lovely and I'm the first to admit I'm not usually a lover of tomato soup but I'll make an exception as it was lovely.Breakfast was lovely, mainy buffet style - I don't like smoked bacon but the hotel had kindly arranged unsmoked for me so they really will do their best to accommodate any picky customer!

I think the whole experience could be enhanced either further if wifi was expanded to the room (wired Internet is available ) wifi is standard at the sister hotel in Morecambe, also perhaps fridges in the suites along with fresh milk. I am being very picky, last time I gave it a 4 - this time a 5 because a few days earlier I'd stayed in a truely horrific hotel in Manchester and it puts things in perspective and also they will do their absolute best to accommodate any requests. The staff are friendly and not stuffy as can be the case in some higher quality hotels.

Very well done to all - I will return soon!

Room Tip: Get a suite!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for the great review.

I was glad that, overall, you enjoyed your stay and I thank you for your kind comments about the hotel and the team. And thanks for getting in touch and letting us know your individual requirements. Information such as the details you gave us always helps us to help you have a more comfortable and satisfying stay.

Our popular "Best of Lancaster" breaks are great value we think, and allows our guests to sample just some of the great produce and attractions that really are putting Lancaster on to the national map. So, thanks again for mentioning this current promotion.

You many be interested to know that our FREE internet service is being upgraded very soon into a full Wi-Fi service in the bedrooms as well as public areas so that we can meet the needs of all our guests. I am sure on your next stay you will be able to enjoy this facility.

Once again, thanks for the review and do contact me personally when planning your next visit to Lancaster.

Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Our stay here was a gift for our anniversary! We had been the confirmation of booking into a 'luxury suite'! On entering the 'room' I questioned whether this could be described as a suite....my husband checked with the desk and they advised there were 2 guests checking in with the same surname and they had in fact checked us into the wrong room....the suite was a better description for the 2nd room...lovely! We had sandwiches for lunch...I had the tuna...which was sparse and merely 'buttered' with tuna...quite pricey for what it was! The leisure facilities were lovely and the massage a long overdue treat! Breakfast was lovely too thanks for a lovely stay!

• Stayed: November 2012

Many thanks for the positive review.

I was glad to hear that, overall, you enjoyed your anniversary stay. I was concerned though about the mix-up with the room type, although I'm glad this was resolved swiftly and you were able to enjoy one of our suites.

I hope we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back someday soon for a truly "perfect" anniversary stay.

Tim Bell, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
Holiday Inn Lancaster
Royal Kings Arms
Royal Kings Arms
#6 of 6 in Lancaster
Travelodge Lancaster Central Hotel

Been to Lancaster House? Share your experiences!