“Wet weekend in November”
Review of Lancaster House

Lancaster House
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Lancaster
GreenLeadersGold level
Darwen, England, United Kingdom
“Wet weekend in November”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

For our 37th anniversary we returned to the town where we first met and stayed at the Lancaster House Hotel - reception very friendly - rooms larger than average and reasonably well equipped decoration a little dated - food in Restaurant was excellent and service was a pleasure - staff actually appear to enjoy serving you - we went for an early morning swim before breakfast - the breakfast itself was excellent - I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting an overnight stay in the Lancaster area

Room Tip: We booked an ordinary room which was larger than average and well equipped - they do also do suites
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
TimBell, General Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Many thanks indeed for taking the time to post a review following your recent anniversary stay with us at Lancaster House.

I will of course share your feedback with the whole team who always enjoy reading the comments they receive.

I was delighted to learn that you will be recommending us, and fingers crossed, we might have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon. Indeed, please don't hesitate to contact me if you are ever planning another weekend away and I will endeavour to assure you another comfortable stay. Alas, I can't control the weather, but there's always plenty to see and do in the area should the heavens open.

Tim Bell, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
Winchester
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the last year. It is always comfortable and reliable.
Reception has always been very friendly, staff are very professional, rooms good size and well equipped. There is an excellent gym and pool- with new CV equipment when I visited last week. Meals in the bar have been uniformly good although the quantities often overwhelming, and I always look forward to a good buffet breakfast. Downsides ? Very few. Although there is free internet this is only via a USB port in the room with WIFI limited to lounge areas. Generally good value.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the review following your recent stays with us.

It's always great to hear when our regular guests receive a consistently good standard of service, and hopefully feel a little sense of "home from home" here at the hotel.

Glad you like our new gymnasium. We think it's £150,000 well spent, and the equipment really is the best that region can offer now. We like to try and stay one step ahead of the competition if we can.

You may be interested to know that we are in the process of extending our existing internet service so that our Wi-Fi is available in all of our bedrooms as well as public areas. I am sure you can appreciate, this won't happen overnight but we are hoping to complete the project in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully on you next stay you will be able to enjoy this facility.

Once again, thanks for the great review and for choosing Lancaster House as your regular hotel of choice in the area.

Adlington, Chorley
Reviewed November 18, 2012

My 2nd trip to Lancaster house, took an advantage of the 'best of Lancaster tour' included in the price of the room was a tour of Lancaster Castle & Lancaster Brewery and also 2 bottles of Lancaster beer in your room - lovely!

As last time I decided to pay a little extra to get a suite, I'm sure the other rooms as nice but is worth the extra! Check in was fine, you also get complimentary use of the hotel pool and spa- the pool is lovely and the outdoor hot tub is a pure joy to behold!

We ate one night on the bar - quality pub grub and on the second evening decided to dine in the restaurant, the food is exepensive and it's quality over quantity but the quality is so high it's worth it! My steak was lovely and I'm the first to admit I'm not usually a lover of tomato soup but I'll make an exception as it was lovely.Breakfast was lovely, mainy buffet style - I don't like smoked bacon but the hotel had kindly arranged unsmoked for me so they really will do their best to accommodate any picky customer!

I think the whole experience could be enhanced either further if wifi was expanded to the room (wired Internet is available ) wifi is standard at the sister hotel in Morecambe, also perhaps fridges in the suites along with fresh milk. I am being very picky, last time I gave it a 4 - this time a 5 because a few days earlier I'd stayed in a truely horrific hotel in Manchester and it puts things in perspective and also they will do their absolute best to accommodate any requests. The staff are friendly and not stuffy as can be the case in some higher quality hotels.

Very well done to all - I will return soon!

Room Tip: Get a suite!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for the great review.

I was glad that, overall, you enjoyed your stay and I thank you for your kind comments about the hotel and the team. And thanks for getting in touch and letting us know your individual requirements. Information such as the details you gave us always helps us to help you have a more comfortable and satisfying stay.

Our popular "Best of Lancaster" breaks are great value we think, and allows our guests to sample just some of the great produce and attractions that really are putting Lancaster on to the national map. So, thanks again for mentioning this current promotion.

You many be interested to know that our FREE internet service is being upgraded very soon into a full Wi-Fi service in the bedrooms as well as public areas so that we can meet the needs of all our guests. I am sure on your next stay you will be able to enjoy this facility.

Once again, thanks for the review and do contact me personally when planning your next visit to Lancaster.

Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Our stay here was a gift for our anniversary! We had been the confirmation of booking into a 'luxury suite'! On entering the 'room' I questioned whether this could be described as a suite....my husband checked with the desk and they advised there were 2 guests checking in with the same surname and they had in fact checked us into the wrong room....the suite was a better description for the 2nd room...lovely! We had sandwiches for lunch...I had the tuna...which was sparse and merely 'buttered' with tuna...quite pricey for what it was! The leisure facilities were lovely and the massage a long overdue treat! Breakfast was lovely too thanks for a lovely stay!

• Stayed November 2012
Many thanks for the positive review.

I was glad to hear that, overall, you enjoyed your anniversary stay. I was concerned though about the mix-up with the room type, although I'm glad this was resolved swiftly and you were able to enjoy one of our suites.

I hope we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back someday soon for a truly "perfect" anniversary stay.

Scarborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed here for a couple of night in May, and had a thoroughly enjoyable stay.
The foyer was welcoming, as were reception staff. Food was good, as was restaurant service.
My room was pleasant.
The car park was spacious.
All things considered a hotel which is classy, professional and efficient.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so much for the positive review.

I was delighted to learn that we managed to meet all your individual expectations, and hopefully, may have exceeded in a couple of areas.

If you are ever over this way again, do contact me personally and I will assure you another great stay.

Bulgaria,Europe
Reviewed November 12, 2012

clean, comfortable hotel, hot swimming pool, good breakfast, friendly staff, very quiet and great area for walk and relax, recommend for everyone, who looking for stillness, I and my family are pleased at our stay

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review.

I was delighted you had an enjoyable stay and managed to not only relax, but also enjoy some walks (my favourite hobby!)

If you are ever in the area again, please do contact me and I will not only assure you another great stay, I'll also show you some more great walks available in the region.

Kendal
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Our daughter & boyfriend were booked into the hotel for her birthday so we arranged to surprise her and have a meal with her the staff were excellent as was the service and food

We had a very pleasant evening from the minute we arrived the barman was very friendly and helpful as was the the lad who served us in the resturant everything was perfect

We will definatley be back

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the glowing review.

I was delighted to hear that we manged to make your daughter's birthday a truly special occasion.

I will of course share your feedback with the team who always enjoy "making a fuss" for occasions such as these.

I do hope we can have the pleasure of helping you celebrate some more family birthdays in the future.

Tim Bell, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
Holiday Inn Lancaster
Premier Inn Lancaster Hotel
Royal Kings Arms
Royal Kings Arms
#7 of 7 in Lancaster

Been to Lancaster House? Share your experiences!