Lancaster House
    $228
    Hotels.com
    TripAdvisor
    1,443 results
    All reviewshot tubopen fireoutdoor jacuzziuniversity campusluxury studioleisure facilitiesreception areasteam roomleisure clubbar foodfantastic hotelexcellent facilitieswedding partybuffet stylebiscuitsreception staffenjoyable stay
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed here for a couple of night in May, and had a thoroughly enjoyable stay.
    The foyer was welcoming, as were reception staff. Food was good, as was restaurant service.
    My room was pleasant.
    The car park was spacious.
    All things considered a hotel which is classy, professional and efficient.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
    TimBell, General Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Thank you so much for the positive review.

I was delighted to learn that we managed to meet all your individual expectations, and hopefully, may have exceeded in a couple of areas.

If you are ever over this way again, do contact me personally and I will assure you another great stay.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

clean, comfortable hotel, hot swimming pool, good breakfast, friendly staff, very quiet and great area for walk and relax, recommend for everyone, who looking for stillness, I and my family are pleased at our stay

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your review.

I was delighted you had an enjoyable stay and managed to not only relax, but also enjoy some walks (my favourite hobby!)

If you are ever in the area again, please do contact me and I will not only assure you another great stay, I'll also show you some more great walks available in the region.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Our daughter & boyfriend were booked into the hotel for her birthday so we arranged to surprise her and have a meal with her the staff were excellent as was the service and food

We had a very pleasant evening from the minute we arrived the barman was very friendly and helpful as was the the lad who served us in the resturant everything was perfect

We will definatley be back

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for the glowing review.

I was delighted to hear that we manged to make your daughter's birthday a truly special occasion.

I will of course share your feedback with the team who always enjoy "making a fuss" for occasions such as these.

I do hope we can have the pleasure of helping you celebrate some more family birthdays in the future.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

We had a two night bed & breakfast break purchased on a kgb deal & thought it was excellent value. Our room was on the ground floor with a large bed, tea & coffee tray replenished each day & flat screen t. v. with freeview. The bathroom was clean & spacious with plenty of hot water & large fluffy towels.
    We used the spa facilities on two occasions where you are provided with free towels & a locker. There is a pool, large steam room, sauna & an indoor & outdoor hot tub, all of which were clean & quiet at the times we used them.
    We had dinner on the first night & found the prices to be a little expensive although the food quality was very good. Three courses cost between £22 & £35 depending on choice. Breakfast was excellent with a good selection of fruit, pastries, cereal & hot buffet.
    There is a welcoming open fire in the lobby with comfy chairs & a nice bar for a quiet drink open throughout the day.
    The hotel is in an excellent location five minutes from the M6 & Lancaster city centre & with easy access to the Trough of Bowland or the Lakes for walking.
    We have already recommended this hotel to friends & family & would not hesitate in using this or one of the other hotels in their chain again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed and comprehensive review following your recent stay with us at Lancaster House. I know the TA community always appreciate a good, balanced review rather than focusing too long on "minor" areas.

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I very much hope we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Indeed, if you are ever planning another visit, do contact me personally and I will endeavour to deliver another great stay for you.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We recently stayed at the Lancaster House only for 1 night - I wish it had been for more! Admittedly the hotel could benefit from upgrading the carpets & bedding as it is a little tired - but tired does not mean bad. It was very clean, the room was comfortable, bed comfortable, bathroom very clean & good water pressure in the shower. What made this hotel however is the restaurant! We had dinner & a full breakfast at the hotel and it was one of the best meals I have ever had! Top quality. They also have a great little bar where you can have a more simple meal & drinks if you want. Was a great place to relax - especially by the fireplace. Hotel has a fantastic huge wood burning fireplace in the lobby which is also wonderful to sit by. I would recommend this hotel in a heart beat & will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
    TimBell, General Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Many thanks indeed for such a fantastic review following your recent one night stay with us.

Delighted you had such an enjoyable meal and were able to relax in front of the fire. At this time of year, what more could one want to make one feel cosy and content?

I hope we can convince you to stay a little longer next time so you can explore our beautiful area and learn about our historic city. Indeed, please do not hesitate to contact me if you are ever planning to be in the area again and I will ensure you have another superb stay.

Once again, thank you for becoming one of our "Raving Fans"

Tim Bell