Lancaster House
    $76
    The Midland(Morecambe)
    $228
    1,442 results
    All reviewshot tubopen fireoutdoor jacuzziuniversity campusluxury studioleisure facilitiesreception areasteam roomleisure clubbar foodfantastic hotelexcellent facilitieswedding partybuffet stylebiscuitsreception staffenjoyable stay
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed November 2, 2012

Everything was great, the staff are so friendly and the rooms are fabulous with plenty of space this room was perfect for us. Although we did not try any other meals of than breakfast this was great there is a very large chioce of hot and cold food.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
    TimBell, General Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Many thanks for the review.

I was glad that, overall, you enjoyed your stay and I thank you for your kind comments about the hotel and the team.

Hopefully we can look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Thank you so much for the great review.

Knid regards

Reviewed November 1, 2012

My husband and myself took my parents to Lancaster House Hotel for a much needed break. We booked two luxury suites as part of The Lancaster Experience and we have quite simply been blown away by how comfortable and welcoming this hotel is. The staff are brilliant, helping mum and dad with their mobility issues and always with a smile and a cheery word, nothing was too much trouble which made us all relax and have a great time. Leisure facilities are excellent and the breakfast hearty and good quality. Would definitely recommend a stay here.

Room Tip: Book the luxury suite. Huge bathroom with underfloor heating, very large bed, and cosy living area.
    • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for the positive review.

I was delighted you and your parents enjoyed your break with us and got to experience "The Best of Lancaster". And you really did make the most of it by choosing the suites. Good choice might I add.

I will of course share your comments with the whole team here, who always welcome the feedback they receive.

I hope we can tempt you all back again soon. Lancaster and the surrounding area has so much to offer in my opinion. Indeed, do contact me personally if you are planning another visit, and hopefully we can give you another mini-break to remember.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed here one night. Good room, bed slightly lumpy but okay. Clean, warm room. The lobby is lovely with roaring fire. Breakfast very good. We had dinner there in the restaurant - the food wasn't very good and was very expensive. I think £22.95 for a piece of ordinary sirloin steak to be over the top! However, I would stay there again and would be extra careful what I ordered for dinner if I did eat there.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thanks so much for the review following your recent one night stay with us.

I was happy to hear that, overall, you enjoyed your stay.

I'll certainly look into the comments you raised about the bed and the steak as these usually receive great reviews. Our new Autumn/Winter menu went live this week which we're really proud of, so I'm sure you and indeed everyone will find a dish on here to suit your tastes.

I do hope we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back to try and get it 100% right. Indeed, if you are ever planning another stay, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will endeavour to meet all your expectations

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Friendly staff, good pool and exercise facilities, fab outside hot tub. Decadent! I have been staying here 1 night per week for the last 4 weeks and would recommend this hotel to everyone.
    Have not tried restaurant, just the bar. Try there onion ring for one.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review following your recent stays with us.

It sounds like we've made you feel at home, which is our key aim for our guests. The outside hot-tub is a "must" I agree, particularly at this time of year.

Hope we can continue to have the pleasure of accommodating you in the future, and maybe we can tempt you to try the restaurant one night.

Thanks again for the great review

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We had a two night stay in order to explore Lancaster and Ideally, our stay included a brewery and a castle tour (which we have not experienced before). We were generally happy with all aspects of the hotel and leisure club including it's location. We found the service to be friendly and efficient especially in the restaurant. It was nice to have access to the leisure club.
    The only negatives are that the drinks are rather pricey and on the Saturday of our stay there were two wedding parties which meant that even the reception area was used for serving drinks etc which seemed a bit unreasonable from our point of view.
    Overall however, this is a hotel which we would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Many thanks indeed for the positive review.

Hope you enjoyed our "Best of Lancaster" break. We think our historic little city has got so much to offer, and that's why we're celebrating it with our special 2-night package.

I'm sorry that the wedding parties intruded on your stay. Functions do have their own allotted suites, but obviously sometimes they can wander out into the public areas, although this is quite rare. Drinks receptions are over with fairly quickly too so shouldn't affect the overall comfort of our non-wedding guests.

I hope we can welcome you back again soon.