“Very nice stay”

Lancaster House
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Lancaster
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We had a two night stay in order to explore Lancaster and Ideally, our stay included a brewery and a castle tour (which we have not experienced before). We were generally happy with all aspects of the hotel and leisure club including it's location. We found the service to be friendly and efficient especially in the restaurant. It was nice to have access to the leisure club.
The only negatives are that the drinks are rather pricey and on the Saturday of our stay there were two wedding parties which meant that even the reception area was used for serving drinks etc which seemed a bit unreasonable from our point of view.
Overall however, this is a hotel which we would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
TimBell, General Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Many thanks indeed for the positive review.

Hope you enjoyed our "Best of Lancaster" break. We think our historic little city has got so much to offer, and that's why we're celebrating it with our special 2-night package.

I'm sorry that the wedding parties intruded on your stay. Functions do have their own allotted suites, but obviously sometimes they can wander out into the public areas, although this is quite rare. Drinks receptions are over with fairly quickly too so shouldn't affect the overall comfort of our non-wedding guests.

I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Tim Bell

Write a ReviewReviews (1,426)

Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed in a Luxury Suite and found the accommodations modern, large, and aesthetically pleasing. The bed was the best we found in England, and breakfasts were excellent.

The lobby offered a warm atmosphere with comfortable seating and an afternoon fire.

Nearly all the hotel staff we encountered were personable and friendly, helping us to feel welcome and to resolve a luggage delayed by British Air.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for the great review.

Delighted to hear you enjoyed your trip across the pond.

Glad you pointed out the quality of the beds. We've invested a lot of time and money recently into our bed and linen provision to try ensure we give our guests the best night's sleep we can. That is our primary raison d’être after all.

I do hope we can welcome you back to Lancashire again someday.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Lancaster house was very nice. The room we stayed in was abit dated though could do with a more modern look. The hotel felt very homely. The food was a very good standard. We used the swiming pool and we had a really fun time. The staff are really friendly aswell. The whole visit was very good.

Room Tip: Maybe choose the luxury suite i heard its alot nicer :)
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Many thanks for the review.

I was glad that, overall, you enjoyed your stay. I note your comment about the "dated" rooms, however I am pleased to report that we are undergoing a rolling refurbishment programme of our older bedrooms. If you are ever in the area again, please do contact me personally and I will ensure you are allocated one of our modernised rooms which I am sure you will find to your satisfaction. Also, I would highly recommend the Luxury Studio Suites which really are worth the little extra.

Thanks again for the review

Reviewed October 16, 2012

An impressive hotel that I stumbled upon almost by mistake whilst trying to book a luxury 2 night break as a surprise for my husband to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. The break I chosen was the inclusive 'Lancaster experience' This included a tour of the castle and of the local brewery, and a bottle of both real ale and cider in the room. We were greeted with a warm welcome at reception and with the real open fire crackling behind us - just what you want on a wet autum evening. The room was marvellous and far better than I could have imagined as we stayed in the executive sized room! Although a bit on the pricey side the food both in the bar and resturant good quality. The only down side to this hotel is that there isn't a lift. Would love to go back! Come try it for yourself!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 208 - enjoy! It gives you that extra little something to your stay
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Many thanks indeed for posting a great review following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted you stumbled upon us. Sometimes, the best surprises in life are the unexpected ones.

I was glad that you enjoyed your Lancaster experience and you got to see some of the great assets of our fair city, as well as the hotel.

I hope we can convince you to return again for another anniversary. Indeed, please do not hesitate to contact me if you are and I will assure you another special weekend.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed in this Hotel three times. Every visit gets better. Stayed in the luxury suite which is absolutely gorgeous. The restaurant is excellent, the bar is lovely. The whole visit was very relaxing.

• Stayed: October 2012
TimBell, General Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Many thanks indeed for the raving review followig your third stay with us. It's great to know that we're constantly getting better at what we do. That is our aim after all.

The suites are gorgeous I totally agree and worth the little extra to ensure your stay is truly special.

I hope we can tempt you back a fourth time. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you are planning another visit and I will ensure you another fantastic stay.

Kind rergards

Reviewed October 14, 2012

A welcome on arrival. Comfortable reception area with an open fire. The bedroom was fine but a bit of updating required especially in the bathroom. We ate in the bar and the food was of good quality but expensive for a bar meal. The restaurant was very overpriced. The hotel is a £7 pound trip into town and takes 15minutes. Hotel staff were attentive and ordered a taxi which arrived quickly.The breakfast was not great but the service was good.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank isobelmalloy

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us.

I am sorry that we didn't meet all of your individual expectations. As you may have read from some earlier reviews, we are modernising some of our older bedrooms and I am sure you will find that these would be much more to your liking.

For your benefit and also of the TA community, it's worth applying for our FREE "Relish" card via the English Lakes website which gives our customers great discounts and special offers in all the restaurants across our family-owned company.

I hope we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future to try and restore some more faith in our hotel. Indeed, please do not hesitate to contact me if you are and I will try and ensure you have a much more happier stay.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Been going back to this hotel for ten year! I have highly recommended it to many friends of whom also go back many times, we live in Durham area so its an easy 1-2 hour drive but well worth it, The setting of the hotel is fab and easy to get to, It has a very homely warm reception with open coal fire and John the porter Man!!!! The rooms are very clean with comfortable beds, The bar food is lovely bit pricey but nice but there is the restraunt if you fancy something different. English Breakfast is allways good and plenty to choose from to set you up for the day! My favourite bit is the Hot tub outside, on a night time in winter its lush!!! We usually get a taxi into Lancaster by taxi which is a five min drive away. Highly recommend this place is you wanting to chill or just weekend away.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for the great review following your many recent stays with us. You've certainly become one of our "raving fans" to which we, and the whole TA community rely on to give a balanced and clear opinion on a hotel.

We love our customers to feel "at home", and it sounds like you are always able to get that elusive, but much needed feeling when you visit.

And great tip about the Hot Tub. It's best experienced in the winter too in my opinion!

I hope we can enjoy another ten years of welcoming you back to "The House"

Tim Bell

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
2 mi away
3 mi away
Royal Kings Arms
Royal Kings Arms
#6 of 6 in Lancaster

Been to Lancaster House? Share your experiences!