“Wonderful again”

Lancaster House
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Lancaster
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 8, 2012

My family (twelve of us in total) spent a night at the Lancaster House to celebrate my Mother's 70th Birthday and we weren't disappointed. The service was great, the food in the restaurant of a very high standard and I can't fault the hotel in any way. The spa facilities are of a very high standard and the outside hot-tub is a must. The rooms are all of a very high standard. I would recommend a stay here anytime, we can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank KirstBrad44
TimBell, General Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2012

Many thanks indeed for posting such a positive review about your recent return stay with us at Lancaster House. I was delighted to learn that we made your Mum's Birthday special.

Glad you also got to enjoy lots of the other facilities during the course of celebration stay and made use of our wonderful outdoor hot-tub again.

Can I also thank you again for contacting me and planning another return visit and of course I will endeavour to ensure you have another memorable stay.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

This is the 2nd time we have stayed at the Lancaster House Hotel and for the 2nd time, we have thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Check in was fast, efficient and friendly, the room spotless and well maintained and the food was top class. My girlfriend and I went for a relaxing weekend and we achieved just that. Will be back again in a heartbeat. Thanks again to the Hotel staff for making us feel welcome and our stay a pleasure. (And thanks to John in the bar for recommending the lovely ale which went down a treat)

Room Tip: Check out KGB deals for offers. Got our room for a fraction of the price!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

I'm glad you and your girlfriend felt relaxed after your break with us. It's so important to take quality time out to "wind down" and re-charge the batteries in my opinion. Couple of good local ales will always help I'm sure you'll agree.

If you are ever planning another return visit, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will endeavour to ensure you have another relaxing stay

Reviewed January 19, 2012

we have stayed here twice and both times had a nice relaxing weekend , rooms are great even the standard rooms are of a high quality. especially enjoyed the outdoor hot tub. breakfast in the morning is good and there is plenty to choose from. over all a very good value for money hotel.

Room Tip: any room should be nice
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank louandsam
TimBell, General Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2012

Many thanks indeed for posting such a positive review following your recent weekend stays with us. I am delighted that, like the vast majority of our guests, you have enjoyed your leisure breaks and found them to be good value for money which is so important in these challenging economic times. Also glad you found time to relax the outdoor hot tub too. It really is an amazing experience isn't it?

I will of course share your comments with my colleagues, they always appreciate hearing positive feedback.

We would love the opportunity to welcome you back once again, so please do not hesitate to contact me should I be able to help you in any way at all with future reservations.

Once again, many thanks for the feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Lancaster House

Reviewed January 16, 2012

I stayed at this hotel at the end of October 2011 with my husband as we were visiting our daughter at Lancaster University. We didnt get a Groupon deal, and paid full price, but it was worth every penny in our opinion. The staff were attentive, friendly and nothing was too much trouble - that included reception staff, bar staff, restaurant staff etc. The room was lovely and had a lot of little touches that were really nice. The pool area was spotless, the gym was more than adequate, the spar was superb. The changing rooms were as clean as you could get. Yes the hotel is more or less on the university campus, but if anybody had anything about them, they would check the location before they booked, and if that site wasnt for them then find somewhere else. The hotel is approximately an 8 minute drive to the centre of Lancaster which is a lovely city. Whilst we are all entitled to our own opinions, I wouldnt take some of these negative comments too seriously - its the age old thing, sometimes people want platinum service for buttons. I can honestly say well worth a visit. Thanks for making our stay special. I would also like to add that there was a wedding there the weekend we stayed, and I am not suprised, it is a lovely venue, I enjoyed sitting by the open fire in the foyer, watching the bride etc in their beautiful dresses. We will definately return.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Debbie M

Many thanks indeed for your glowing and superbly comprehensive review, and also for becoming one of our "raving fans". I'm sure the TA community will also be delighted that you covered all the aspects of your stay in your review.

Your feedback will of course, as always, be shared with the whole team here at the hotel.

You may be interested to know that we do have a loyalty scheme with great discounts and deals for families of univeristy students called the "Unite" card. Please contact us for details if you are planning another visit to the area.

I hope we can welcome you back again to Lancaster House, and please do not hesitate to contact me if you are planning another visit to our wonderful little corner of Lancashire.

Reviewed January 14, 2012

Stayed 5th January 2012 ... booked the hotel at the last minute so got a great deal, lovely room, excellent spa and the food was out standing, would certainly recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tangle_Trees
TimBell, General Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2012

Many thanks indeed for posting such a positive review following your recent stay with us. I am delighted that, like the vast majority of our guests, you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to relax.

I will of course share your comments with my colleagues, and if we can ever have the opportunity of welcoming you back, please contact me personally and I will endeavour to ensure you have another relaxing break.

Reviewed January 11, 2012

Stayed here a few times in the past couple of years - not the cheapest hotel but does everything it says on the tin. We particularly like the large foyer area and fireplace, good to have a drink by on a cold evening - the bar itself is a little soul-less.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank moulders2010

Many thanks indeed for posting such a positive review following your recent stays with us. I am delighted that, like the vast majority of our guests, overall you have enjoyed your visits.

I'm sorry that you don't find the bar area to your personal satisfaction, however we have made a couple of minor changes which I believe enhances the guest experience such as tea-light candles on the tables and new music through the PA system. But I do heartily agree that the sofas beside the fire are hard to beat.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back, and don't forget to check out the special offers section of our English Lakes website to find the best deals on any future stays.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

I have stayed here now at least 6 times in the last 2 years for work. It is a great hotel for one or two nights for business, or a great base to stay on the edge of the lake district.
The staff are really friendly!
The rooms are really nice, the beds AMAZING and the shower... wow!!! Power shower doesnt do it justice!!!
Pool is basic, but clean and warm!
There is a restaurant and bar, which both do meals, both serving lovely food!
Do NOT over any circumstances... Miss the breakfast!! It is one of the best breakfasts i have ever had! Me and the girls from work have to make it to brekky, even if we have had a couple of bevvies the night before!!!

Room Tip: Make sure you try the breakfast!!! Yummy!!!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
TimBell, General Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2012

Many thanks indeed for posting such a positive review following your recent stays with us. I am delighted that, like the vast majority of our guests, you enjoy your regular stays with us and appreciate the facilities we provide and more importantly the great friendly service from our team.

I will of course share your comments with my colleagues, they always appreciate hearing positive feedback, which I my opinion is well deserved indeed.

I hope you will continue to stay with us when in the area and would love the opportunity to say "Hello" face to face if I can. Please do ask for me if you are in the hotel in the near future, and of course please do not hesitate to contact me should I be able to help you in any way at all.

Tim Bell, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
Holiday Inn Lancaster
3 mi away
Royal Kings Arms
Royal Kings Arms
#6 of 6 in Lancaster

Been to Lancaster House? Share your experiences!