“Welcome return”

Ranked #24 of 229 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Greaves Park is an impressive grade II listed building set in parkland containing a great environment for dining or just relaxing with a coffee. Be welcomed in by our friendly servers who will offer you the opportunity to relax and enjoy your dining experience with table service. However, if you’re in a hurry, or on your lunch-break, you are welcome to pop up to the bar to order and we’ll take care of the rest. We use locally sourced, fresh ingredients to create delicious meals for you to enjoy. We are very child friendly and have excellent facilities and children of all ages are welcome. We can cater for every kind of Function - Buffet or sit down menu available. Great vegetarian and vegan options are available.
Reviewed April 4, 2019 via mobile

We haven’t been since before a Christmas, but my friend and I decided to catch up over a relaxing meal out. The staff welcomed us, and showed us to our table. My friend has a few intolerances, so the Manager provided a special menu, with clear options available, additionally offering the chef’s guidance with his choices.
We both opted for the scallops, with chorizo to start, and advised that the burgers were gluten free, my friend chose the full works, minus the bread bun, and I chose the chicken burger. Both plates had more than sufficient food on, lovely and hot and served quite promptly after our starters.
You can always find room for a dessert, and vegan ice cream with a fruit crumble was my friends option, and I went for bread and butter pudding. Both were excellent, and coffees rounded off our meal.
Joseph and his team were very helpful, polite and friendly. Certainly want to return to try out the other choices on the menu. Well done to the staff involved.

Date of visit: April 2019
josephwindertheboss, General Manager at Greaves Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2019

Hello Garry

Thank you very much for your great review of Greaves Park. It was a pleasure to look after you and your friend, making sure you enjoyed yourselves during your visit.
I look forward to welcoming you again very soon.
Joseph

Reviewed March 23, 2019 via mobile

This was a meal to celebrate my mother in law's 89th birthday, it was her choice. The restaurant is set in a local park near her home ,
The park wasn't overflowing but we had booked a table on the off chance.
Service was a little on the slow but not to bad
The food was well presented and taste fine I had fish and chips I would have liked a few more chips
Would I return yes

Date of visit: March 2019
josephwindertheboss, General Manager at Greaves Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2019

Hello
Thank you for your 4 star review of Greaves Park recently. We always endeavour to provide great service and quality of food and I'm a little disappointed we weren't as quick as you would have preferred however when its busy it can cause slight delays. Even so I'm pleased you enjoyed your meal and hope the birthday girl had a great time.

Reviewed January 6, 2019 via mobile

I came here with a work party and had a lunch. I've had some of the veggie options before and it has been pretty disappointing but the food was better this time. A nice atmosphere and good location.

Date of visit: December 2018
josephwindertheboss, General Manager at Greaves Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2019

Hello
Thank you for your kind review in January. It is great to hear you had a good time and enjoyed the atmosphere and our beautiful restaurant.
I look forward to welcoming you in again soon

Reviewed January 4, 2019 via mobile

New Year’s Eve had a meal food good they had a magician who did table magic he did the same trick over and over (did 2tricks)
The D J played background music until 10pm after which he played request but there was no atmosphere so we left

Date of visit: December 2018
josephwindertheboss, General Manager at Greaves Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2019

Hello Tony
It's great of you to have reviewed the Greaves Park on New Years Eve. I'm sorry you felt there's was no atmosphere as come 12am the restaurant was bouncing with partygoers dancing the night away.
I hope you come and try us again sometime soon
Kind regards
Joseph

Reviewed December 31, 2018 via mobile

Tried to book online but said they were full so we phoned on the off chance. Turns out they were open, just not taking bookings online. Hardly anyone was in there. My Brother had the Buddha Bowl but was still hungry afterwards as there wasn’t much to it. The rump steaks were tasty, but overall the meal was pricey for what it was.

Date of visit: December 2018
josephwindertheboss, General Manager at Greaves Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2019

Hello
Thank you for your review for your visit in December. I'm sorry to read your visit wasn't the best on this occasion. We have had a change in ownership very recently and I would hope you would visit again to try our new menu sometime soon.