“Don’t rely on website”

Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Opened 21st July 2010
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Prices on website incorrect, booked a large takeaway last night for a special treat for sons birthday, I had costed the order using the current menu on their website was expecting to pay £80.90 less 15% for takeaway. Imagine my shock when husband returned with the food and a bill for £89. Apparently prices have increased, so advertised price incorrect.Not once was this mentioned when I placed the order. Food was very good but was tainted by the large cost.

Date of visit: June 2019
ahadullahshah, Guest Relations Manager at Babar Elephant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

We’re deeply sorry for misunderstanding, however we’re glad that you enjoyed the food. We will most definitely be updating our prices online.

Reviewed June 11, 2019 via mobile

Was very disappointed with the meal here.
The staff were very friendly but a little over-attentive...pacing around near the table is not relaxing.
Starter was lukewarm and tasted of the oil it had been deep fried in.
Very poor and presented in a way which suggested it was mostly pre-cooked and plonked on a plate with a bit of shredded lettuce and a tomato.
The mains was served from a trolley, I’m not sure why
I immediately noticed the plates and serving dishes were cold.
Come on Babar, get the basics right!
Sauce and meat was ok but nothing special.
The food needs a re-think or a new chef. Cook fewer things freshly and make the curry sauces really special. Will not be recommending this to anyone - friendly service does not make up for poor food.

1  Thank Luneside

Dear Luneside

Thank you for the constructive feedback. Our staff work very hard to attend to our customers needs, I’m sorry if you didn’t find that relaxing. Correct me if I’m wrong but if staff aren’t nearby for any issues or orders, then we would have customers complaining that there’s no one there to help.
I can assure you that our dishes are freshly cooked on the day; food is served off a trolley usually as there’s more dishes to hand to a nearby table or as there may be a large number of things to carry for the waiter? Our chef cook perfectly fine thank you

Kind regards

Reviewed June 6, 2019 via mobile

Nicely decorated and friendly service. Clear menu explaining types of curry. Poppadums and sauces very average - not home made. Curries ok. Tandoori chicken very good. Deserts from freezer standard. Kulfi great. Overall not good value for what we had though in terms of quality.

Date of visit: June 2019

Thank you Jan R for the positive review, it’s great to hear that you found our service friendly we can assure you that our poppadom sauces are made in house.

Kind regards

Reviewed June 1, 2019 via mobile

Had dinner here for the first time last night. Lovely atmosphere, restaurant spacious, well designed. The service was really good, waiters did not rush you but made sure you had everything you needed and drinks were replenished. The meal was the nicest Indian food I'd had in ages. Mixed platter for starters, varied and plenty of it. Peshawari nam melted in your mouth. The curries were not over powering and very tasty. Highly recommend a visit and will definately be returning.

Dear SAsbt

Thank you for leaving us such a fantastic review. We love nothing more than reading such positive feedback as providing the highest level of customer experience is our top priority. We are so pleased that you are happy with our food and hospitality!

It’s great to read that you also appreciate the atmosphere along with the interior! you have great taste in designs and especially food

We are very happy to have your recommendation and look forward to your return.

Reviewed May 2, 2019 via mobile

I was in heysham for a few days and a friend had recommended the Babar elephant, saying it was fantastic. I decided to try it out for myself and was not disappointed. Chicken pakora for starter was brilliant followed by chicken tikka masala, garlic rice and a garlic nan bread washed down with a tiger beer .... what can I say the recommendation was spot on... will be returning here when I’m back in the area in July , brilliant food

Date of visit: May 2019
ahadullahshah, Guest Relations Manager at Babar Elephant, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2019

Dear dodger1music

We would like to start by thanking you for the lovely review as it means a lot to the restaurant as a whole. We are extremely happy that you enjoyed the dishes you ate, the chicken pakora is always a hit! You seem to have a great choice in food; we look forward to having you back in Heysham and to host for you again.

Regards