“Great little restaurant”

Bistro 26
Cuisines: Mediterranean, British, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: Mark Cavanagh aims at Bistro26 to make his guests feel welcome and experience great seasonal food. The kitchen specialises in modern British cuisine using locally sourced produce wherever possible along with homemade desserts, ice creams and breads. The menus are supplemented by daily changing seasonal specials including Bowland fillet, Scotforth lamb, Morecambe Bay shrimps and Trough of Bowland game. Bistro26 is situated in the heart of the historic city of Lancaster and can be discovered close to the Sun Inn, along the Sun Street.If it is a quiet romantic table for two, a business dinner or a celebration meal, Bistro26 will be delighted to welcome you.
preston
“Great little restaurant”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We had booked a table for 17 on a week night, we decided to have a family celebration here after visiting several times previously and it always being great........and it didnt disappoint. We where the only people in the restaurant and the service was great, it was unintrusive but attentive and two waitresses where very cheerful and polite. The food was of a high standard and considering we did not preorder the chef produced great food. The canapes served whilst we ordered where delicous - locally made mini sausages and pine nut and parmaham bread. the starters arrived quickly and everyone enjoyed them, the main courses where very good, the steaks and fish where perfectly cooked with a great variety of seasonal veg. My only ( very minor )complaint would be with the dessert which was burnt on the bottom but other than that it was a great meal in a great little restaurant.

• Visited February 2013

Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Excellent meal, had good vegetarian options for my friend.”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

My friend came up last weekend from Chester and so myself and my partner took her to bistro 26 as we have been a few times and always had a good meal, this was no exemption!!! They were only srving the special boards and not the main menu, I was nervous at first as my friend is a vegetarian, however she very easily made a choice. The food was amazing. I had the duck with orange salad as my starter and cod with morecambe scrimp on top for my main. The portions for me were just the right amount and would be the amount I would cook at home as quite healthy and dont have massive portions. The staff were very attentive as they always are when we go there.

• Visited February 2013
Parma, Emilia-Romagna, Italy
“best restaurant in Lancaster”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

'Bistro 26' is a lovely restaurant with the highest quality of food in the area. I would recommend it to anyone who loves class and quality things. I've eaten there a couple of times and have not been disappointed once. The staff are very friendly, but also very professional. The atmosphere is unusual but in a very good kind of way. It reminds me of good European restaurants, which gives it even more class, and unusual style.
Overall, I think 'Bistro 26' is an excellent choice for those who understand the value of good food and want a quality restaurant experience in general.

• Visited September 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Rude Chef - Overpriced Average Food!”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Me and my wife decided to dine at this restuarant after reading many good reviews on TripAdvisor. BIG MISTAKE! On our arrival we were seated at a table and had to wait 15 minutes before being asked we wanted something drink. They then took a further 10 minutes to get the drinks to us. We then ordered our food and had to wait over 30 minutes for a meals to arrive. The food was cold and tasted like average pub grub at best! I made a comment that the food was cold when asked by the waitress if everything was ok. She apologised and was very accommodating and said she would speak with the chef. I never heard anything, he just hid in the back... We paid and left. I would seriously avoid this restaraunt at all costs! It lacks atmosphere yet we weren't the only people in there. I would sooner eat in the local Wetherspoons!

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank GrigdazLeey
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Great food but lacks atmoshere”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Very very good meal but lacking in atmospere and a little pricey . The menu was not as the web site but whatever the chief had decided he was going to cook that night this was not good as we had our hearts set on the Bass .

Visited August 2012