“Between Average and Very Good”

The Mad Hunter Lancaster
Ranked #5 of 231 Restaurants in Lancaster
Description: South African/International restaurant serving fresh food and drink
Reviewed June 3, 2019

We were recommended this restaurant by our son who has dined at both 'The Mad Hunter' locations and celebrated his birthday at the Lancaster venue this weekend. We enjoyed the experience but there is something slightly lacking in the atmosphere and overall ambiance, can't say exactly what it is, maybe it was where we sat, at the back which is quite dark! The food was fresh and reasonably tasty, the ribs were devoured by our carnivore son, the fish I had was lacking a bit of seasoning but generally we enjoyed what we had.I think the theme could be exaggerated further and a wider choice for the non meeting vegetarians, another fish dish wouldn't go a miss either.

Date of visit: June 2019
1  Thank Chowbins

Reviewed May 28, 2019

We were visiting our son and he and his partner took us, and also her parents, to their favourite restaurant and we loved it! The food was amazing and the service was excellent! I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough if you want a gastronomic treat for that very special person or occasion! I also really enjoyed the whole African experience including the artwork and the music!

Reviewed May 27, 2019 via mobile

Went to The Mad Hunter on Sunday evening.
The decor is really nice, very clean and the welcome and service was excellent.
The Zebra was recommend and was lovely.
Starters, two mains for two with a bottle of Prosseco just over £90.
Will visit again.
If in Lancaster a must visit.

Reviewed May 27, 2019 via mobile

I went here on Friday with my finace with friends and had a wonderful time. The staff were very attentive from start to finish which was wonderful. I had the gyro special starter which was amazing , so did my finace and our friends split the wild boar spring rolls. For the mains they all had the cheddar melt and I had a chicken and prawn stew type dish with bread. All the dishes were outstanding!! Flavours out of this world!! Perfect start to our bank holiday weekend. My friends and finace had a traditional dessert , can't remember the name of it but they really did enjoy it. Such a great place.

Reviewed May 26, 2019 via mobile

Well, I have to be honest, despite hearing good things, we (as a couple) were unsure if the cuisine was something we would like. We visited on Saturday night with friends at their suggestion and I can hand on heart say the food was exquisite. The boar spring rolls for my starters were delicious, as was my chicken main dish. My husband loved his food, as did our friends. Beautifully presented, fabulous tasty food, and a great atmosphere. Our waitress was lovely and knowledgable (I did ask her name, but I consumed some squiffy juices after doing so, and writing this, so I can’t remember it!). Without a shadow of a doubt we will be back and I thoroughly recommend this restaurant - just go!

1  Thank Mrsratters