“Superb”
Review of Quite Simply Food - CLOSED

Quite Simply Food
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Quite Simply Food is a delicatessen and urban eating space offering a fusion of fresh seasonal food to eat in or take out. Open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and fully licensed we are extraordinary never ordinary.
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Superb”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

This is a cafe and deli close to the Dukes Theatre. It serves a wide range of snacks and meals in comfortable surroundings. the staff are efficient, friendly and very capable. the food quality is excellent and customers are welcome just for coffee, snack, full meal or to buy from the well stocked deli counter. It shares a French theme with its allied restaurant Quite Simply French on the Quay. Tables can be reserved and it is well woth doing this at busy times.

Visited June 2012

Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Scrumptious”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Early this summer me and my 2 friends went to this restaurant for the first time. They had a resotto and I had a seafood pasta - sorry cant remember the correct titles. My friends said the resotto was lovely and would definitely order it again. My pasta dish was the best seafood dish I have ever had. There was loads of shellfish in it of different varieties and also prawns the flavours complimented the shellfish exactly.

The restaurant itself although small and compact was very homely and the staff were very attentive - would definitely go again.

• Visited July 2012
Lancashire
“Amazing food, poor service”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We thought we would try QSF for a change as we had never visited and our office is a stones throw away. Initially we were supposed to order soup for takeaway, but decided to go in which turned out to be a wise decision!

FOOD: Everything available in the glass fridges looked fresh which made it hard for us to choose what to order. We finally ordered the soup and sandwich combo meal with a side order of fries. Hands down the best fries we have ever tasted!! I could quite easily have eaten a bowl of fries to myself they were that good! I ordered a baguette with moroccan lamb and yogurt which came with a side salad. I thought it was lacking in vegetables or something else to lift the flavours or cut through the spices, but still quite tasty. The soup was seasonal veg with hazelnut which was lovely. My boss ordered the baguette which red wine chicken and garlic which was "marvelous".

SERVICE: At first there was only the two of us in and it was fairly early, so we expected the best service possible. The waiter got my order wrong therefore I had to wait another 10-15 minutes which wasnt a massive issue as I had my soup. After food we asked for the bill twice from two seperate people working there and when it eventually came we were overcharged. The place started to get busier just as we had finished our food. It could do with 1 or 2 more waiters just to make things easier on the poor guy that was serving us and everyone else in there.

ATMOSPHERE: It has a relaxed atmoshphere which was quite informal. That worked well for us however it may be a little too informal for some. The staff seemed quite aloof but that may be due to the fact they all appeared very busy. All in all the good far outweighed the bad and the tastiness of the food more than compensated for the shabby service. We would recommend this place, just be prepared to wait for the food. It's worth it.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Nice place, poor food”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

It's a shame that this place does not serve better food as it has a nice atmosphere and the staff are friendly. We have been twice and were disappointed both times. The food is very simple (like the name implies!) but both times simple things were not right. The first time the chips were burnt and the second time chips seemed to have been fried in stale chip oil. The worst was the chicken baguette which came totally drenched in gravy - that's just weird. Agree with another reviewer that it is 'not bad for a small city devoid of decent cafes', but I think this place could do better and it would be great if the standard and expectations in Lancaster were raised in a bit.

Ambleside, United Kingdom
“not bad for a small city devoid of decent cafes”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We stopped by for lunch. Not attracted by the hot specials on offer, although a bowl of new potatoes that passed by looked appetising enough. Most of the (confusing) menu comprises items from a well stocked deli counter which are then presented on a plate with salad on the side and bread.My leek soup was fine although a bit creamy for my taste, my daughter's hot baguette with some feta cheese and a few slices of tomato and some dressed leaves was poor value at 6.95, it would have at least seemed a bit better value with the addition of a few more salads and or some fries to bulk it out.
The bread was bog standard deep frozen half baguettes which I find very disappointing with all the artisan bakeries that are cropping up in the area.
Seemed pretty busy with locals on their lunch breaks but hardly surprising given the lack of choice in Lancaster.

1 Thank moumoulous