“One word.............OUT OF THIS WORLD”
Review of The Ashton

and 1 more site!
The Ashton
Ranked #2 of 24 Lancaster B&B and Inns
Hamilton, Scotland
“One word.............OUT OF THIS WORLD”
Reviewed June 11, 2010

Just returned from a sort mid week break with my husband, we stayed at the Ashton for one night ( wish it had been longer). The Ashton is a wonderful place VERY peaceful and welcoming, James is a perfect host, as soon as we arrived he gave us tea and homemade cake....yummy.Our room on the groundfloor was wonderful, the decor, the HUGE bed, OH and the bathroom was out of this world, free standing bath and a double shower and Ren products.Sunday evening we had booked the" supper club", James is a fantastic chef........Gordon Ramsey.........LOOK OUT, also Craig thanks for recommending the Eton mess. After a very peaceful night........I didn't want to get out of that bed!! we had a brilliant breakfast, scrambled eggs and smoked salmon on english muffin :)) Thank you again James, next time we will stay longer. Liz and Brian

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Blackpool
Reviewed May 21, 2010

Had a lovely stay with my sister and Step-mother, to celebrate my 40th Birthday. James and Craig made us so welcome from the moment we arrived. The decor is so stylish, and such attention to detail with beautiful fresh flowers, candles, sweets etc... The rooms were contemporary but were dotted with old elegant pieces, that just fitted in perfectly. Wonderfully clean and not a thing out of place! The food was fantastic, a wonderful evening meal followed by one of the best breakfasts i have ever eaten. Loved the home made pancakes and the fresh fruit. A real special treat. I will be recommending it to my friends and family, and am already planning to return with my husband before the year is out.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Nottingham, UK
Reviewed May 20, 2010

Having just returned from a stunning B&B in Antwerp I just remembered that I had not left a review from our Christmas trip to another stunning B&B, The Ashton in Lancaster. We were extremely impressed by The Ashton and the warm welcome by James and his family - he was very accommodating of our early arrival on Christmas Day to drop off bags at the Ashton prior to us joining family for Christmas lunch elsewhere in Lancaster and his offer of a bucks fizz with warm mince pies was very welcome after our early morning drive from Nottingham.

The Ashton is truly a gem in Lancaster and we really cannot imagine staying anywhere else on our visits to this city. We stayed in a classic room which was very comfortable with lovely views of the garden and the "girls" (the chickens) from the two windows and had a gorgeous shower room. The breakfast was simply amazing with individually cooked main course from a great choice and a superb buffet spread too. Thanks to our experiences here and our talks with James I now own my very own breadmaker which we regularly use, so thank you James!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam
Reviewed May 14, 2010

From the moment we arrived late on Friday evening, we were so well looked after. The room was extremely comfortable and the double shower was fab!. The food was freshly prepared and beautifully presented. I cannot recommend The Ashton highly enough.
It's the perfect place for a relaxing weekend.

Margaret, Glasgow

Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
London
Reviewed May 6, 2010

My wife and I have stayed at The Ashton twice now, and will definitely be returning. The welcome from James and Craig is warm, the rooms are stunning, and the food is fantastic. We look forward to many more visits in the future.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Manchester
Reviewed April 10, 2010

My boyfriend was nervous about surprising me with night away for my 30th birthday as I stay in hotels alot with work but I have never stayed anywhere as special as 'The Ashton'. Beautiful decor throughout so breathtaking I wanted to move in! Lovely scenery, gorgeous food (even homemade bread) and James and Craig looked after every detail. The amount of attention that has gone into ensuring everyone has a great experience here is exceptional. It was the perfect hideaway and we can't wait to go back in December. Thank you! Simon & Rebecca

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Manchester
Reviewed March 22, 2010

Stayed for one night but could have easily stayed for a whole week! Stunning rooms, very chilled out atmosphere. My husband and I felt so relaxed for the short time we were there. Breakfast was amazing, we can't wait to return to the Ashton. Many thanks to James & Co for a wonderful stay. Claire & Antony.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
James-theashton, Owner at The Ashton, responded to this review, March 23, 2010
Dear Claire & Antony,
So pleased you enjoyed your stay with us & thank you for taking the time to write a review. Hopefully next time we see you it'll be for 2 nights, then you'll feel you've had 2 weeks away!
You might be interested to know about our new Sunday Supper Club. Stay Sundays and a bottle of wine & supper is included in the room rate. Perfect for when you need a quick break.
James