“Great Place to Stay”
Review of The Stork Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lancaster
The Stork Inn
Ranked #12 of 24 Lancaster B&B and Inns
Calgary
“Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed October 6, 2009

I was in Lancaster to drop my daughter off at Uni. It was our first time in the UK. Tracy and Ian run the Inn like you are a guest in their home. They along with the rest of the staff are so inviting and friendly. We really enjoyed our stay. The room was cozy and well stocked - all the comforts of home. They have a lovely restaurant downstairs with a good menu and lots of selection. The value for my money was fantastic with a lovely English breakfast included in our rate. When I had to meet my daughter at the Uni, Tracy and Ian offered to drive me and pick me up. They also drove me to the train station the morning I left. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit and would stay at the Stork Inn again for sure.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Stafford, England
Reviewed August 21, 2009

We stayed at The Stork Inn on our 3 Peaks Challenge trek and the staff, especially Duncan, could not have been more helpful. Part of our group were arriving quite a bit later than we were and we were all leaving extremely early in the morning. Before we had any chance to ask, we were offered packed lunches for the morning and sandwiches / something that could be heated up for our late arrivals. Duncan even offered to include our friends in the takeaway order the staff were putting together!
Our friends actually arrived at 00.30 and the staff were happy for me to let them in and lock up after ourselves.
As well as this amazing custiner service the food we had was wonderful with some of the best hand cooked chips I have had in a long time. The rooms were immaculate and the beds were very comfortable and a little hard to prise ourselves away from at 2.30am.
All in all we just wish The Stork Inn was closer to us in order that we could make it our local but we will undoubtedly be returning as soon as we can.

Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
in sandhead
Reviewed August 18, 2009

We stayed at The Stork on two nights. Our "wee yins" range from 11 months to 12 years. Tracy and staff could not do enough for us! The food and rooms were wonderful and the play areas were safe and clean. We will be back soon!!

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
cheshire
Reviewed April 28, 2009

My wife and I stayed at The Stork Hotel for our 1st anniversary w/e of 25th 26th April. we chose the place from an internet site, just liked the look and sound of a 16th Century Inn
We live in Dukinfield Cheshire, about 60 or 70 miles from Conder Green. Anyway upon arrival we were impressed by the warm welcome from one of the owners, a husband and wife team who live on site. We were immediately made at ease in the 16th century bar which has a really homely feel to it. Our room, though designed for a family of 5 to stay, was spacious crisp and clean, with en-suite facilities, TV tea and coffee eqip, hairdryer ect. It was set aside for us as it was our anniversary. We thought this a very nice touch and shows that they are trying to add a personal touch to everyones stay. The evening meal was pure delight, though a plain eater, Soup of the day, leek and potato, main course, I was game to try the peri peri chicken, cooked to perfection, melt in your mouth, delicious!...and some south african style chocolate cake that is chocolate heaven for the connoisseur of such delights. My wife being Russian chose to try a good ol'e 'Lancashire Hot Pot' followed by a delicate fruit cheese cake and a glass of dessert wine. All by the way in rustic yet spotless surrounding and an open log fire blazing in the background...Ladies...romance will never be out of fasion whilst places like The Stork exist. On the sunday it was interesting to see so many walkers popping in for a drink and a bite to eat, presumably before they did the 2nd half of their journey! infact it was interesting to note that, Tracy and Ian, they are the owners names I found out, had put on a half a full course menu specifically to cater for the walker / rambler trade. Another thing that i found unusual is that they actually welcome dogs with their owners in a small part of the Inn. so that 'man and his best friend can enjoy a meal and a pint together when out walking. There are wonderful nature views and walks close by, and for the youngsters out the back there is a garden area where you can sit eat drink and keep an eye on them playing on swings climbing frames sand pit, ball pit...We can say that we were extremely happy with all aspects of our stay, and we will most definately be staying there again in the not too distant future. Lena & wayne

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Lancashire, UK
Reviewed April 22, 2009

On several visits to the Stork to eat we have found the menu to be varied, the food very good - in particular the South African specials (the chef is South African) and the staff to be very helpful.

Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 16, 2006

We have spent quite a few odd nights at this pub over the last couple of months while visiting my grandma in hospital- The staff were fantastic. Especially to my mum when unfortunately my grandma passed away- they were nothing but caring and couldnt do enough to help.
The rooms are very well catered for- everything that you would need for example a hairdryer is available and a good selection of snacks and drinks (tea,coffee etc) are in the room.
It was clean and although you may risk bumping your head on the low ceilings I would definately recommend this pub for a night to stay.

• Stayed June 2006
North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 24, 2006

The Stork Hotel is a pub/restaurant which does B&B, situated around 3 miles from the centre of Lancaster. It was a convenient stopover when taking our daughter back to Lancaster uni after Easter. A very old (16th century) building, it has been extended but very sensitively, it has lots of character and the bar is very cosy. We would have liked some information about the history of the building, perhaps some old photos. It has recently changed hands and is now part of a different small chain, the prices have gone up but the information has not been updated on the various websites where it appears - it doesn't seem to have its own website.

The staff were friendly enough but didn't go out of their way to be helpful. It was unclear as to who was in charge, and it did seem a bit chaotic, probably due to the recent change of ownership - hopefully it will get better! The room was very comfortable, and quiet, at the end of a corridor, but even though it was quite cool for mid-April, we had to ask for the heating to be switched on in the bedroom - apparently it was set to come on later, but this was 7.30pm. Our request was dealt with promptly, but we awoke to a chilly room the next morning and the heating hadn't come on again by the time we left at 9.30am the next morning.

This place had rave reviews for food but I think this may have been some time ago. We weren't shown where the restaurant was, and when we went in for dinner we were offered quite a limited menu and had to ask about specials and the bar menu. The waitress, however, was very friendly and helpful. Dinner was OK. Breakfast had to be ordered the night before, which was unusual - with only six or so rooms I'd have though they could have handled breakfast orders at the time, especially as we had to say what time we'd be there. You don't always know what you're going to feel like eating the next morning! Breakfast was served very promptly though, the cooked breakfast was, again, OK but not great, and no-one came to check if we wanted more coffee, or more toast.

It was £60 for the two of us including breakfast; a three-course dinner for three was £65 including wine, which was good value.

We would probably stay here again - it was quiet, clean and comfortable, and had no major drawbacks. Nice area and very handy for Lancaster, and the South Lakeland area in general.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
Thurnham Hall
Holiday Inn Lancaster
Holiday Inn Lancaster
#5 of 7 in Lancaster
Premier Inn Lancaster Hotel

Been to The Stork Inn? Share your experiences!