“Lovely Lunch” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Stork Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lancaster
The Stork Inn
Ranked #12 of 24 Lancaster B&B and Inns
Bury, United Kingdom
“Lovely Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

We stumbled across this pub after visiting Lancaster smokery Shop at the Docks.
The menu was varied and included a lot of Gluten free options which was fantastic for me as I don't eat gluten. There was also a choice of small or regular portions.

Hubby chose the small fish and chips. It was a large amount for lunch so I wonder how big the regular portion is! I ordered a Mutton dish which came with rice topped with syrup and banana and yogurt. The combinations intrigued me. The casserole was actually a curried dish and the sweetened rice and banana and honey went really well with it. Again I'd ordered a small portion for lunch which was a good size.

The staff were friendly and helpful and I'd go as far as to say that on a warm summers night I'd specifically drive the hour it takes from my home to come back here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Bury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

This place is a gem of a pub, dating back to the 1660's - it's only a few hundred yards from The Mill where we were staying the night so decided it looked a good enough place to eat later that evening and we were right, the menu is full of South African delicacies to reflect the owners roots, however, we had the rooibos-smoked duck with noodles and the Lancashire chicken with bacon and cheese sauce, both were excellent. The pub looks massive but it's deceiving inside as I would say half of the building is taken up by accommodation. We ate on a Wednesday after Easter so there were very few people in the pub. The staff are indeed extremely friendly and efficient and really made our night. We finished off the bottle of (SA ) wine in the bar area after the meal and eyed the cakes on display!. Philippa one of the waitresses even called a taxi for us as we were a bit worse for wear and were quoted £10!!! for a one-minute journey back to The Mill, we decided to walk/stumble back in the dark, along the road over the hump-backed bridge using mobile phone lights, the things people do when under the influence..!!. We loved The Stork so much we decided to call in the next day on our way back from Silverdale to Bury, we had the carrot cakes and the pot of tea, plus some excellent Lancaster Amber beer which the Landlady/Owner recommended to us and came over to chat to us about South African life etc... what a lovely woman, lovely staff and food. Highly-recommended, if only we were back there now..... :-(

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Just come back from a weekend stay here . We have stayed here before and will definitely stay again. Room was lovely and had every thing we wanted. The breakfast was fantastic from cereals fresh fruit salad to a full English. We had an amazing meal Saturday early evening. Booking is definitely recommend but we were luckily enough to get a table. So children friendly . Keep up the good work team stork xx

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

Lovely pub and very pleasant staff - have been meaning to go for a long time. We both ordered the liver asking for it to be pink. I had a small portion and my friend had a large one. Noticed someone eating the fish and chips and they looked really good. However - the liver was awful when it came I thought it had been served on pate - but that was the liver! It also tasted rather vinegary. We were rather silly and didn't complain until we got the bill. I hardly ate mine and I asked for a doggy bag for the dog - even the dog turned up its nose! I looked around and noticed a man had ordered the risotto - I have to say it looked like a heap of animal food. It is such a shame as the menu is very interesting but does not live up to expectations. Would go back for a drink as the staff were very pleasant but would definitely not be eating there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Thanks for a nice visit to your pub we called this Friday tea time and your staff couldn't done any more make feel very welcome,
We just got a drink at first, then saw the food looked great, so we ordered a fish plater and it was really nice.
So would return again.
Thanks for great evening, Trev @ Sue

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Trevor B
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

I recently organised a meal here for a group of 22 friends and the experience was a pleasure from start to finish. The staff were delightful to deal with and the evening was extremely enjoyable for everyone. The set 3 course menu we were offered was exceptionally good value and the dishes varied and interesting with something for everybody. Serving of the meal went like clockwork with everyone's meals served piping hot and at the same time (no easy feat with a large group!) The food was delicious and professionally presented and served by friendly staff who obviously enjoy and take great pride in their work. Try as I might, I cannot think of one negative thing to say. I had lots of positive comments from everyone and will definitely be returning in the not too distant future.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lynedown
Greater Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

Had a meal here with a group of friends, organised by someone else in the group. Excellent price for the lovely 3 course meal we had ( I suppose the group size helped), and the service was well attended by the staff. Albeit only the one minor gripe, they had omitted to put the bread out until we were well into our first course, and those of us that had the well portioned soups or pates had nearly finished. Otherwise an excellent experience all round and we'll be coming here again :-)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
Thurnham Hall
#2 of 24 in Lancaster
The Fleece Inn
The Fleece Inn
#1 of 1 in Dolphinholme

Been to The Stork Inn? Share your experiences!