“Lovely French Bistro” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oscar's

Oscar's
Ranked #22 of 255 Restaurants in Leamington Spa
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: A corner of France in the heart of Leamington Spa. Our style, the food, the atmosphere, the wine, is unashamedly French.
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely French Bistro”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've been going to Oscar's for years and I think it's one of the best place I've been for steak and chips. The fishcakes, fish pie and lemon tart are some of my other favourites. Pascal always looks after us so well and the food is consistently good. It is has a lovely atmosphere and feels informal but special at the same time. A real treasure!

Oxfordshire, UK
“Fab food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

Had lunch there today - main course and glass of wine each £20
Great venue near town - small but great
Fab food - parisienne onlette and the fishcakes highly recommended

Warwick, United Kingdom
“Rustic French bistro”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

My first visit to Oscars last night, it's a small rustic bistro with tables very close together so if you like intimate dining this could be for you. We were given a set menu which is usual for a Tuesday evening but there were no alternative choices. The starter was grilled goats cheese which was OK followed by steak, my steak was overcooked despite explaining how I like it done. Desert was chocolate profiteroles in chocolate sauce which I declined and had sorbet instead which was a bit sweet. It has the feeling of being authentic and has a good ambience, guess you have to book well in advance for the weekend. A pretty basic meal but I'll give it another try.

Oxford, United Kingdom
“Small but perfectly formed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

Ate here with family following previous recommendations. I was surprised at how compact the restaurant is but we were shown to the back room which was plenty big enough for our group. I am told that there is an upstairs private dining room too.
The menu is also small in content but the food was very good. Service was a little relaxed but not to the detriment of the meal. Will return here soon.

• Visited December 2012
Warwick, United Kingdom
“depends what you're looking for”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

Have eaten in Oscars a few times and my recent visit with friends has prompted this review. The atmosphere and environment is great - yes its small and may appear a little cramped but it is a bistro. The stff and owner are very pleasant and make you welcome. The menu is limited but that is a good thing - at least you know youre not eating "boil in the bag" rubbish. The meat all comes from Aubrey Allens which is probably the finest butcher I have ever seen. The food, whilst OK, is fairly mediocre however. It isn't bad, and I have eaten a lot worse very often - but neither is it fantastic. If you want a friendly, pleasant meal with friends - Oscars is a good choice. If you want fine dining, go elsewhere.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
OscarsLeamingtonSpa, Front Office Manager at Oscar's, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Oscars and for your positive comments. I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your meal .
You are correct that we are not fine dining and we have no aspiration to be so, we are a simple and rustic French Bistro and our style, atmosphere, food and pricing reflect that.
We look forward to welcoming you back in 2013.

Kind Regards,