“Nice friendly restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have eaten here often in the last couple of years. The decor is nice and the staff friendly and accommodating. The food is generally quite good, carbonara is always good as is the seafood pasta, pizzas are tasty but recently have become thicker based which is a shame. Garlic bread with mozzarella is a must! The ice cream is lovely, but I have found the other puddings a little disappointing. Prices are very reasonable.

2  Thank Laura H
There are newer reviews for Piccolinos

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Booked a table for a Sunday evening, arrived on time with two young children hoping to be in and out quite quickly. It was by no means busy, two other tables were eating when we arrived. We waited an hour for our food to arrive, during which time a large table of 10+ has come in and had their food before ours! No explanation from any staff and no apology. Food was average at best and certainly not worth the money, huge menu which was confusing and certainly suggests that everything is not fresh. Wouldn't recommend and will not return.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Lunch here yesterday with a small reunion group of old mates. Nice friendly staff,empty restaurant with very little ambience.antipasto starter,not the freshest of ingredients and a bit salty,followed by quatrastagioni pizza. Again a bit too salty and disappointingly bit thick base. Red wine was a bit rough and gave me indigestion for rest of day. Nice coffee though. Left feeling a bit disappointed,not as good as their Warwick branch.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I visited this restaurant with a work colleague on a Wednesday night. It was pretty empty, but having visited in the past and never been disappointed, this was not a worry.
Even though we arrived late (9:30 or so) we were welcomed and given time to select our meals. We opted for beer rather than wine (draft Perroni at under £4 a pint).
I had the lasagne as a starter, which arrived piping hot and was very tasty. My colleague had the Anti Pasti Italiano, which was a selection of several different cured meats plus Italian cheese and some melon - very nice.
I had pepper steak for my main, which was served with hot veg plus a small bowl of salad. The steak (sirloin) was quite large, very tender, and cooked perfectly. The pepper sauce was creamy and spicy and contained coloured whole peppercorns which decorated the steak nicely as well as adding to the flavour.
Our other dish was the lamb cutlets, of which there were 4 or 5, served on a bed of pasta.
We had a side of chips with the mains, which wasn't really necessary, but a nice addition. They were again piping hot, crispy and in my opinion just right. And there were so many that they had to be shared!
If I had to be really picky, I would say that the background music was a little loud, and not really to my taste, and that we had to ask for (tap) water twice before we got it.
All in all an excellent meal, with efficient and friendly service, at a total cost of under £60 for two but we did pick the most expensive mains on the menu.
Recommended.

1  Thank Ian H
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Eleven of us from North Yorkshire ate at Piccolino's the night before doing the Wolf Run near Leamington. Food was great, service was fine, staff friendly and helpful. Great value for money. Not being local, we took a chance, and it really paid off - thankfully we ignored the really negative comments.

1  Thank T_and_P_Harrogate