“Buzzing and atmospheric” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bistrot Pierre

Bistrot Pierre
Ranked #18 of 255 Restaurants in Leamington Spa
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Bistrot Pierre's 'raison d'être' is great value French cooking and seasonal menus. We like to combine French bistrot classics such as steak-frites, boeuf bourguignon and tarte au citron with our own take on regional favourites like tarte flambée, Bouillabaisse and paté de campagne. Our relaxed and friendly bistrot is the place to go for any occasion. Open seven days a week serving lunch and dinner and breakfast at weekends we have something for everyone, from the two-course prix-fixe lunch for £10.95 and a two-course pre-theatre menu for £14.95 to the sumptuous a la carte menu, and for those with little time we now also offer a one-course lunch menu for just £9.50. Wander through our distinctive French wine list too, with over 20 French wines sold by the glass you will discover something exquisite to drink with your meal. For something a little special we also host a range of events at the bistrot. Join us on the second and fourth Tuesday of every month for our Soireé Gastronomique, a six-course set menu with hearty provincial cooking. This is outstanding value priced at £22.95 per person. In addition, we also offer a special Dine with Wine evening where each course comes with a glass of specially chosen wine. This takes place on the first and third Wednesday of every month, so join us for a delicious two or three course set dinner menu for £22.95/£27.95 per person. We want to make sure there is something for everyone on our menus, whatever your dietary requirements. That's why you'll find plenty of delicious gluten-free dishes as well as a child-friendly menu on offer to help make your experience in our restaurant as easy and enjoyable as possible. If you love what we do and are looking for the perfect present, give the gift of French dining and order our gift vouchers online.
Leicestershire
“Buzzing and atmospheric”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

Beautifully decorated for Christmas and very atmospheric. The place was buzzing and very busy. Plenty of staff meant that service was brisk, efficient and friendly. We had to pre-order our food from the Christmas menu but there was a good choice. I had carpaccio of beef to start and this was delicious but I found the pork main a little disappointing and the portion of vegetables positively stingy! My wheat allergy kept me from the majority of the desserts but I was delighted to find they had wheat free bread accompanying the cheese option. Brilliant! It's not much to ask but so few places give this any consideration. Unfortunately I think they are losing touch with their French influence. The dishes seem very anglicised compared to how they were in their early years. Still worth a visit though.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Lisa B, Public Relations Manager at Bistrot Pierre, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We do like to hear from our customers and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Warwick, United Kingdom
“Brilliant for a chain restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

Good location, good size restaurant, that is well decorated. Does special menus on Tuesdays, that work well, and does a brilliant breakfast and brunch.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Lisa B, Public Relations Manager at Bistrot Pierre, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Hopefully we will see you again in Leamington Spa or at one of our other restaurants soon.
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dinner with friends”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

I've had dinner here a few times and I've come to the conclusion that this restaurants makes the most authentic french food in Leamington Spa. The staff is usually friendly but not always efficient, and the atmosphere is nice and lively. The food is good, fresh, and hearty. I recommend their slow-cooked lamb dish and dauphinoise potatoes. Their chips are superb. The desserts are amongst some of the best I've tasted in leamington, especially the fondant au chocolat. They have great lunch deals so I would suggest coming here for lunch.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Leamington bistrot and recommending us; it's greatly appreciated. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food with wine evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

We booked as I had seen an ad for their wine with food evening, however on getting there the menu was not as I thought I had read it but probably my fault! Cant fault it..every time we had been over the past years we have never had a poor meal, good value for money, good varied menu, wine at a reasonable cost. Even the simplest menu items are done perfectly and with care.

Visited November 2012
Lisa B, Public Relations Manager at Bistrot Pierre, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Kenilworth, United Kingdom
“Superb lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

I have had the pleasure of several delicious lunches at Le Bistro Pierre. The food has always been superb, and well presented. The fixed price lunch is amazing value considering the quality of the food. The last time I visited I had crispy fried calamari with roasted garlic mayonnaise, which was light and tasty. For my main course I had a bavette steak, perfectly cooked and tender with roasted garlic and green herb butter and fries. I would definitely recommend this restaurant as apart from great food, the service is good and the restaurant is lively.

• Visited November 2012