“Nice quirky restaurant in Leamington”
Review of Rhubarb - CLOSED

Rhubarb
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Came here for a spot of lunch with my husband over Easter weekend, after being attracted by a yummy looking restaurant.
Jamie remembers when Rhubarb was a shop, with just a small cafe at the back, but it's now a rather nice "shabby chic" restaurant, with good food, great service, and a really nice atmosphere.
The menu was great for lunch - he had a baked Camembert, while I had mussels. Good prices, and tasted yummy. The menu was a good range, with some nice looking specials on a blackboard that looked worth a try - including a hearty looking sausage and mash.
For just an extra £2 each we added a glass of wine, good value, and nice wine too.
None of the crockery, furniture etc matches, but this just adds to the charm. The service was great, with a waiter who knew exactly the right balance between friendly and chatty, and polite.
Looks like they do cocktails too, so we'll probably be going back, and the cakes stacked up on the bar area looked delish!
worth a visit.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I've been here a couple of times with friends/parents and love the quirky decor and good atmosphere - it always seems to be busy. Or else unfortunately I try to go there when it's randomly closed!

The food has always been good, although sometimes short of a lot of options - or you go to order something only to be told five minutes later that it has run out. However what they do have is tasty and the staff are always friendly.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Nine of us went to Rhubarb for my birthday meal.The food was delicious; great quality, and we had superb service from all the staff throughout the evening, making sure our needs were all catered for. One I would definitely recommend. The only minor thing was that it was a tad chilly, but the food, alcohol and party-fun kept us sufficiently warm.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Whilst the food was pretty good, lunch was ruined by really poor heating. I and most people in the restaurant kept our over coats and scarves on. A glass of malbec was served up in an ice cold glass! The waitress did not understand the significance of this.

1  Thank Piscatorialist
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Rhubarb has always gotten by on funky atmospheric surroundings with okay food. The staff used to be rude and inefficient but over the last year or so I thought things had changed....until this weekend at which point Rhubarb has proved itself to have no redeeming features whatsoever..... The decor seemed jaded, the food was mediocre, and the staff were downright rude to my friend. Hospitality courses needed all round and a total rethink by the staff (and the people who hire and fire) is needed.
Not to be recommended. Not going back unless under new management.

2  Thank hellsbelles13