“Nice night out”

Thai Elephant - Leamington Spa
Ranked #47 of 256 Restaurants in Leamington Spa
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Coventry, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice night out”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Lovely decor. Good food and good service. A little pricey but on the same league as my usual thai. Had the river prawns in hot and sour soup which was lovely, a definite recommendation. Overall a good night out. One thing I did notice was you had to pay for the prawn crackers whereas other thai places are given complimentary upon arrival. I would go back

Oxford, England, United Kingdom
“Delicious Thai Food”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I hadn't eaten here for several years and found myself with an hour to spare and went for a bite to eat. Would recommend its intimate setting, great authentic food and attentive service. Leamington is of course beautiful.

Coventry - UK
“Service ok, but bland, overpriced food.”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We visited this restaurant last night, and the experience was so poor, I felt I had to leave my first ever review of a restaurant! We had prawn crackers to share, followed by sticky rice (which was so solid I struggled cutting it with my knife - someone on the table near to us said the same about theirs) the drunken duck dish came out with thinly sliced, grey looking meat - and extremely chewy, a beef dish (which was probably the best of a bad meal) and pad thai (I asked them to do this with no king prawns as I am allergic) this was very bland. The service was ok, however the overall meal (with a bottle of white wine priced at an overpriced £18.95) came to £70. Considering how poor the food was, this really wasnt worth it for prawn crackers, 4 dishes and a bottle of wine. Wont be returning!

London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Excellent food and the loveliest service. I had a really tasty Thai green curry. We were too full for pudding. I would have liked more authentic music though. Will definitly go there again.

Visited April 2013
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Overpriced and disappointing”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We took a group of friends here on their visit to Leamington as we had been recommended by a friend to try the Thai restaurant on Warwick Street (we have since discovered they meant Sabai Sabai not Thai Elephant!)

There were five of us so we were shoved out of the atmosphere of the restaurant and into a small cave of an alcove right next to the kitchens.

The portions were pretty small - especially considering how expensive the food was. It was a disappointing experience - if you want something special that doesn't leave you feeling ripped off and hungry, try Sabai Sabai instead (just down the road!)

• Visited April 2013