“Should have gone to Ask”
Review of Strada - Leamington Spa - CLOSED

Strada - Leamington Spa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Went here for mum's birthday after having had a good experience in Strada Exeter. Was left very disappointed by burned pizza, chewy and undercooked pasta (I like my pasta al dente, but this was like rubber), a distinctly average risotto and greasy dishes. Service was poor with wrong drinks being brought several times and long waiting times.

I wish we'd gone to Ask or even Pizza Express as I think the food and service would have been better! The price for the quality is also awful.

1  Thank Jollux_91

Reviewed August 11, 2013

we visited this Restauarant last night, and I was very disappointed.
we have eaten here many times before and always been please with the food & service.
However last night I came away thinking I will not visit again.
The menu has changed for a start and many of the favourite like Mushroom & polenta have gone, also the Buffalo pizza which was always comparable with an Italian pizza.
Not many waiting staff on so service was slow, but to be fair the waitress and manager were doing there best.
Olives were soft, and tasteless, and in my opinion poor quality for what were described as Sicilian olives and side salad forgotten.
The manager was the best thing about the whole evening, he was approachable ( when I moaned about the olives and took them off the bill) he also had a sense of humour. Actually felt sorry for him as I felt he was swimming against the tide.
In all I was very disappointed .
I asked the waitress for the buffalo pizza but she said NO, but in another strada ( Witney) when asked, the manager said no problem and produced the pizza therefore keeping the customer happy

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I often eat in Strada in Cardiff and other venues across the country. The menu is always good the food varied and well presented. This one lived up to expectations. The real joy of this branch was the service and in particular the manager who was a very friendly and helpful gentleman. Call in and see what I mean. Good value and a lovely location.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

The food was average, but the service was very poor and tired. Seemed like the staff did not want to be there at all.

1  Thank Seurahepo
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Went there for first time on my birthday...my mum wantd to put some decorations on the table but manager said no as foil confetti stains the table (yet they allow u tp order red wine)...iv never heard anythin so stupid..was only allowed one helium balloon due to health and safety which they extended th string so cldnt even see it anyway!.the manager servedus and was very matter of fact there wasnt much of a selection the food was quite dry my 9 year old son tried to make conversation which went down like a lead balloon...decor ws nice but the place was dead and lacked atmosphere...definately wldnt go back there again and wish i had spent my birthday in a more friendlier and livelier place to eat