“Staff especially manager seemed uninterested in us”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Strada - Leamington Spa - CLOSED

Strada - Leamington Spa
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Staff especially manager seemed uninterested in us”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Went there for first time on my birthday...my mum wantd to put some decorations on the table but manager said no as foil confetti stains the table (yet they allow u tp order red wine)...iv never heard anythin so stupid..was only allowed one helium balloon due to health and safety which they extended th string so cldnt even see it anyway!.the manager servedus and was very matter of fact there wasnt much of a selection the food was quite dry my 9 year old son tried to make conversation which went down like a lead balloon...decor ws nice but the place was dead and lacked atmosphere...definately wldnt go back there again and wish i had spent my birthday in a more friendlier and livelier place to eat

“Very poor service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Went on 1st June - awful service. Starters brought out before drinks and they forgot half! Then drinks came but were wrong and then main came before they cleared starter plates away! No friendly service, no initiative. Useless.

One plus was that the food was nice.

Complained and have been told that they've retrained their staff which doesn't help me at all.

Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Does not even deserve the single spot rating!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Absolutely appalling service, my family made a booking for me for Father's Day and when we arrived to a very quiet restaurant they took ages getting us a table for 6. We ordered some drinks while waiting for the menus which finally arrived.

Strangely for an Italian restaurant the menu had very little to offer for vegetarians. When we asked the waitress for some advice on what was suitable for vegetarians on the menu she said she would ask the manager to come over. We even heard her ask him to which we heard his discourteous reply suggesting we were a problem because we were vegetarian.

After 15 minutes waiting for our drinks and the chat with the manager about what was on offer for vegetarians neither of which arrived we decided to leave. The manager did not even seem to show concern as to why we were leaving. We made a point of making it clear to him.

This was the worst customer service I have had in some time, Upon leaving I got a chance to see some of the food being served up and I must say it looked like very standard fayre and was not well presented.

Fortunately for us we went to Prezzo which was very busy and had a lively atmosphere where despite them being very busy we had a totally contrasting helpful service and the staff accommodated our needs and made sure we were satisfied.

The poor choice on the menu and the poor customer service or should I say non existent service means I am very unlikely to walk into a Strada Restaurant again. I am amazed they are still in business when Zizzi, Ask, Pizza Express and Prezzo plus a number of quality independents are in town all providing far superior customer service, menu choice and quality fresh food.

Give this one a BIG MISS!!!

“Love it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

Really like this place very casual and mildly romantic - Food & Wine is always excellent and service is efficient and friendly

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Traveller777771
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“quiet lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

went there for a lunch , place was very quiet . Had an antipasti to share , which was nice .! Main courses wasnt too bad , except my son`s pizza . I wouldnt go there to have a pizza . Didnt had too much choice on a menu either ! wasnt bothered to have a look on a pudding menu . staff wasnt friendly too , a little more smile should not be too hard to give ! overall im not going there back , i expected it to be a lot better considering the name & prices !

• Visited March 2013