“Does what it says on the tin.......”

Cafe Rouge - Leamington Spa
Ranked #88 of 256 Restaurants in Leamington Spa
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located right in the heart of town on busy Regent Street, just outside the Royal Priors shopping Centre, boasting great features such as our very own Rouge bicycle, private dining rooms, feature walls, and cinema style seating, we're the perfect place to while away the afternoons. Come and discover our brand new "Chocolate room" which can seat up to 12 guests or our "Champagne room" for 8, and make your celebration that extra bit special. The best bit is, there's no hire charge for either room. Or, if you fancy dining al fresco, we've got a great outdoor terrace that can seat up to 24 guests.
Rugby, United Kingdom
“Does what it says on the tin.......”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

Ate here with the family a couple of weeks ago late on a Sunday afternoon. We were using a voucher code so it would be hard to argue on value for money. The service was efficient and personable, although I was surprised it was not busier as I cannot remember the last time I had a choice of tables on a Sunday. I had the confit of duck leg, very good - would recommend. Both of the kids had steaks and they had been well prepared. If you are shopping in Leamington and want safe, good value for money it is a good choice.

Congleton, United Kingdom
“Nice meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Visited cafe rouge using tesco club card vouchers so it made the price of the meal quite reasonable. The menu seems to have recently changed and become a bit smaller in choice, alongside this our choices were further limited due to a busy weekend meaning quite a few items had sold out. Most of these sold out options didn't effect what we wanted except the Camembert which I would have had for my starter so that was a little disappointing. Our main courses of duck and fillet steak were both good and the portions a decent side. I asked for dauphinoise potatoes instead of chips with the steak and this was fine, I also had a side of green beans which was a large portion. For dessert we had a trio of sweets in which one of the options had sold out but we were able to pick anything else off the menu as a subsitute. The staff were very attentive and friendly. Overall a nice meal out.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Could do with some better staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have visited this branch a few times and have found it to be rather inconsistent. In all of our visits the food has been excellent - on the one occasion that I was not happy with my mussels starter, the manager bought me a new one immediately at no extra cost. The food is very tasty, the menu is large and varied and the portion sizes are perfect. However, on one visit to this restaurant we were let down by the staff. The french waitress was clearly in need of extra training and did not uphold very high standards or appropriate restaurant etiquette. Nonetheless, we will most likely return for another visit - the value is excellent (especially when you have a Tastecard)!

• Visited November 2012
Oxfordshire
“Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

We ate here this evening and it was tasteless food, the staff were not very good. My desert was watery as if it had just been defrosted and warmed up in a microwave and horrible. On top of the worst meal it came to £90 for 3 of us.

warwickshire
“Poor”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Went this morning after a physio visit, and ordered a mushroom omelette...what a disappointment, it arrived as a overcooked piece of shoe leather, not a light fluffy omelette that I would have expected from this restaurant. We were told that theft had to serve them like this....???? Why for goodness sake, anyhow it went back.
Coffee was good but I will not other going there again.
Plenty of better places to eat locally.

• Visited October 2012