“Unhappy to say disappointing”

8 Clarendon Crescent
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Leamington Spa
8 Clarendon Crescent
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Leamington Spa
Reviewed November 5, 2011

We booked 8 Clarendon Crescent after reading the reviews on trip advisor - number 1 in Leamington Spa - wow it must be good! We only stayed for 1 night and although it is in a lovely quiet street close to the city and a beautiful big house it is definitely in need of some upgrading/redecoration.
The carpet throughout was dingy and covered in marks. The decor in the room was very old fashioned (and not in a nice way) and tired - marks on the wall and again on the carpet. It was a nice big room but it had the smallest tv I've seen in many years which sat on a table very low down - if you wanted to watch it in bed you couldn't see it! A bigger tv on the wall would have been much better. The bathroom was carpeted which I think is a big negative, the towels were coloured and looking a bit tired - only white towels should really be used in all hotels/guest houses! Also the light bulbs around the mirror in the bathroom (like a stars dressing room) give off so much heat that as quickly as you try to put your make up on you sweat it off again!
Although the breakfast was lovely we had to sit with other people which I hate! We weren't asked if we minded. I know that makes me sound very antisocial which I truly am not but I am quite shy and find having to make small talk with strangers quite traumatic! Even walking into a breakfast room and saying 'good morning' fills me with terror! I am sure it not just me who feels this way - most people I know would not like to share a breakfast table.
We have stayed in some beautiful guest houses that you could not fault on any level for the same price as this which is why we were so disappointed on this occassion. It could be such a beautiful place with a bit of money spent on it.
Having said all of the above we did not hate our stay completely! The hosts are lovely people, very helpful and friendly and could not do enough for us and I would hate to upset them with this review but I have to be honest. I am a bit surprised by it's number 1 position on trip advisor - maybe the other bedrooms/bathrooms have been upgraded or maybe I am just super fussy!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Cadamatic
There are newer reviews for 8 Clarendon Crescent

Reviewed November 1, 2011

Having stayed in a variety of hotels and bed & breakfasts in Leamington Spa (have been working here for 3 months), I don't know why anyone would stay anywhere else apart from here.

Everything about this Bed & Breakfast is wonderful from beautiful regency house, to the spotlessly clean, luxurious rooms, the wonderfully cooked breakfast (complete with homemade jam and beatiful china) and the warmest welcome from Christine and David. It really is like going to stay with your "favourite aunt" (as one reviewier has mentioned) except that the house is just amazing!

The only thing I would warn people about is that they don't take credit cards, so make sure you remember your cash (which I failed to do one one occasion, though Chrstine was relaxed about me dropping it round later in the day).

Honestly, if you find yourself in the Leamington Spa area, stay here - it's a wonderful experience in itself!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Amy A
Reviewed June 20, 2011

A quiet stay near the centre of time is what we wanted and what we found. At the end of a cul-de-sac, this beautifully appointed Regency house was perfect in every way. The warmth and charm of the establishment was immediately felt as one crossed the threshold. It was open-house and doors were rarely closed anywhere. Everything, within reason, was shared. So elegantly decorated, without being fussy or twee. It really is a shared "home".
The accommodation and breakfasts were of very high standard - all having that individual touch. It is definitely a place that one would wish to return to again and again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank LondonWaiting
Reviewed May 2, 2011

Spotlessy clean lovely rooms with all you would need. Beautiful house, welcoming hosts and delicious breakfast. Struggle to find any fault other than that the lovely warm fluffy towels were a little small!

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank Mel_redpirates
Reviewed October 17, 2010

beautifull house, owner not there when we arrived but left key and directions to our spacious room, the beds were quite firm and the pillows were a bit flat,great for town centre and loads of places to eat,

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wornout51
Reviewed September 18, 2010

Great place to stay, very welcoming, great breakfast, nothing really to fault. We would certainly go back.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2010

Just the one night stay for the two of us but David & Christin made us feel most welcome.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple