“We could not have hoped for a better wedding reception”
Review of Angel Hotel

and 1 more site!
Angel Hotel
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Leamington Spa
Manchester, United Kingdom
“We could not have hoped for a better wedding reception”
Reviewed September 25, 2010

We looked at so many venues to hold our wedding breakfast and evening reception but none offered the warm, friendly and helpful attitude that we found at the Angel. Nothing was too much trouble and we were able to choose exactly what we wanted. They also gave us invaluable help and advice about the structure of the day and lots of tips to make it run smoothly. Everything ran like clockwork on the big day, the room looked superb, the food was excellent and plentiful, the staff could not have been any more helpful or proffessional. We had lots of family and friends staying over and the rooms were of an excellent standard, everyone had a great nights rest after a very long day.

The hotel looks superb and occupies a superb location in one of the nicest bits of Leamington. We could not have asked for more from the Angel and they delivered it all at a very reasonable price.

We cannot recommend them highly enough

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank robbaker20

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
England
Reviewed June 26, 2010

Generally a nice hotel, only let down by the two rooms we were in being right next to a busy road. The warm weather meant that windows possibly were needed open but it was not possible. Even with closed the noise still came through.

I am sure in other rooms on the other side of the building I would have rated as excellent. The location was good and breakfast plentiful.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
london
Reviewed June 23, 2010

As part of an ongoing quest to seek out hotels that aren't the usual motorway Hilton, I booked into the Angel. It's a nice, clean hotel that's undergone a facelift or two in its time which leaves the downstairs reception areas looking shiny and new but makes the bedrooms looking a little old-fashioned in terms of decor and furnishings. That aside though, my room was comfortable and spacious with a sizeable en-suite that incorporated a bath as well as a shower. Facing onto Regent Street can mean a noisy wake-up in the morning, but I had an early start anyway.

Location is good for central Leamington and there's plenty of off-street parking.

The big negative for me is the lack of wi-fi in the bedrooms. Unless you're in a room close to the common area downstairs (room 21?), you're out of range; and even the wi-fi downstairs is of questionable quality. This should be so easy to put right and would make the hotel so much more attractive to business people.

Breakfast is included in the rate and is everything you could expect. Plentiful and well cooked.

I think I recognise the reception staff mentioned in previous reviews and they can indeed come across as being a bit detached and aloof. Having said that, I left the charger for my phone in the room when I left and when I called the hotel to ask if they could send it on, they could not have been more helpful even to the extent of refusing my offer to pay for the postage. It arrived, first class, the following day. That's impressive service in my book, so I'll forgive them for not being the fawning, fake-smile wearing reception staff some people seem to expect.

All in all, it's a pleasant place to stay and, if they sort out the wi-fi, it will be one of the best around.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
long eaton nottm
Reviewed June 20, 2010

I can not say enough to prase the Angle hotel and resturant. 1st classs experience form walking into the hotel Nothing is to much. All the staff are 1st class in their work start to finish. I could only find 1 square inch of dust in our executive room. once you are in your room you would not know you were in a 50 roomed hotel. Im a light sleeper this not the case in one of their beds The location of the hotel is great a 10 min walk into the town center and a 10min walk into the Jephson gardens In wrighting this reveiw i have tell you about the bad points ok the parking could be a bit better and the room tariff could be a bit cheaper so that i could stay more often . thanks for reading my review and i hope you Enjoy your stay .

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Newton, Massachusetts, USA
Reviewed May 6, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for a week whilst traveling on business to Warwick. Having never been to the UK at all before this trip, I enjoyed the location of this hotel, as it allowed me to explore the quaint town of Leamington Spa on foot. A great selection of restaurants, shops, natural scenery (River Leam), and a cinema are all within a short walk. Yet, the hotel provides a small but ample car park, making it convenient to get to work, as well as to/from London.

The hotel itself included a delicious breakfast every morning, with enough variety that I did not tire of it. I had dinner in the hotel restaurant one evening, which was ok but a bit disappointing. The room was a comfortable size to this American, which I assume means it was quite large by European standards. The wireless internet offered in the lobby was spotty, but the staff were very willing to let me use a wire to connect, important to me since I had work to do in the evenings.

My only complaint was service-related: my luggage did not arrive in the UK with me, and I needed the hotel to receive it for me since it was set to arrive whilst I was at work. The hotel did not cooperate the first time, meaning my luggage was delayed yet another day. Besides that, though, my stay was quite lovely.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank jays165
Northampton
Reviewed January 24, 2010

We used TripAdvisor to select our hotels in Leamington where we were visiting for the great shopping. We were nearly put off by one negative review of The Angel, but I am glad we were not, because it was an excellent choice. The hotel is right on one of the main shopping streets and represents great 3* value. A tidy hotel with fun and obliging staff, our two rooms were both well decorated and clean, with flatscreen TVs and good tea/coffee facilities. The bar was comfortable and the breakfast was great. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff - and all for £79 b&b per couple. We parked the car in the secure car park at no charge and were delighted we made this choice of accomodation - no hesitation in recommending it to others and we will stay there again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
West Midlands
Reviewed December 14, 2009

We had our eveing wedding reception here and cannot fault the staff - they were brilliant (even helping providing some pins to fix my dress when it got trodden on). We had about 20 rooms in the hotel between the party and everyone was very complimentary and breakfast was great.

• Stayed August 2009