“Excellent Value”

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
“Excellent Value”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I chose The Angel for a one night stay for a small group of friends (8 of us). The location in Leamington is next to the shops and a short walk to the Jephson Gardens. We all found parking places in the snug and private car park. The room my wife and I had was a good size, very clean and tidy, although my wife and I found our bed much firmer than we're used to.

The Reception staff were friendly and helpful.

On arrival we had a 'Freshly Baked Baguette' in the bar and it was excellent and very good value. Unless you were very hungry there was enough on the plate to feed two.

Breakfast (a full English) was also very good and quite a mix. They served the warmest and most well done toast I've had in a long time in a hotel. The tall gentleman in charge was very friendly and attentive. I wish I could say the same for all the waitresses, one or two of whom gave the impression they would rather be doing something else.

Next morning we were able to leave our cars in the car park after we had booked out, so that we could take another walk around Jephson Gardens. Afterwards we returned and had coffees on the decking area (for smoking but none of us do) before leaving around 11.30am.

We all thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would happily stay there again. And did I say it was excellent value?

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Smashing accomodation, try and get room no.2 if you book. Room no 2 has 2 king sized beds. Very welcoming receptionist, on site secure parking for your car. Cosy, relaxing Hotel bar. Really good choice of breakfast, continental or cooked breakfast or choice of breakfast cereals.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Cheshire UK
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Stayed here as my usual "home" in Leamington was booked up.
Very convenient location if you want to use it as a base for the town.
Free parking good but the car park is small so get there early to grab a place.

I am used to business hotels mostly so it was a little quirky and old fashioned but that's no bad thing. Room was very small and very hot - with windows open it was also very noisy so didn't sleep the best.

Small things that matter to me - the hairdryer was very old and very weak and the shower was pretty feeble. Aside from this the staff were pleasant and the bed was comfortable so overall average to me - no wows but no complaints either

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed at the Angel Hotel for one night when in Leamington Spa for a gig. The rooms were a good size, clean and comfortable. Excellent central location close to all the shops. We were particularly pleased with the free parking available with the hotel (many others in Leamington Spa do not offer free parking - you have to use municipal facilities). Breakfast in the morning was excellent - wide choice of hot and cold foods with a decent cup of coffee. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 5, 2013

On the 1st of June 2013 we held our daughters wedding reception at the angel hotel leamington spa, we had a sit down meal followed by a disco and buffet in the evening , the sit down meal was excellent , it was hot , portion size was good and all the food was well presented.The silver service was excellent second to none , all the staff on the day deserve a pat on the back for their excellent service , We had a wounder full day , We would recommend you to everybody for good food great atmosphere and an excellent wedding coordinator who made sure the room was just how we wanted it and tended toour every need many thanks .

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I'm sat on train heading home after an awesome weekend spent in Leamington Spa at Angel Hotel. I'm sure the cracking time spent with my girlfriends have added to my enjoyment but I can't speak more highly of the Angel Hotel. Rooms clean and comfy. Powerful shower and flat tv with the usual selection of teas and scrummy biscuits. Hotel staff can't do enough for you Nd tend to your every whim. Breakfast the best I've eaten and plentiful. Cracking location to shops bars restaurants. We went to local theatre on the Saturday night to watch hilarious comedy Which was situ across the road. I'm struggling to fault this hotel and I'm a hard lady to please! The welsh London Essex ladies are coming back!!!! And we can't wait!

• Stayed May 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Comfortable rooms, friendly staff and excellent location at the top of the main shopping street, allowing for an easy walk everywhere. Supper was very pleasant. We would certainly use this hotel again. There is a small car park, which is a bit tight.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family