“pleasant surprise”

Regency Arms
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Having never been to the regency before, it was a pleasant surprise for all of us. The Welcome was most warm, and the redecoration of the place is just fab (my mother said it's recently been done).
Our little redheaded waitress was very nice, she made sure that we didnt want for anything even though she looked rushed off of her feet, but not too overbearing like you can get in similar places, and she seemed very knowledgeable in the products used in the recipes. Myself being a fussy eater she assured me that the kitchen would be more than happy to accommodate my menu choices .
The food was fab, simple yet tasty and perfect for a quiet lunch. There was clear plates all round. I highly recommend the baked salmon, gorgeous! We unfortunately did not have time for dessert, so it looks like we will have to go back again!
Thumbs up regency arms, you're doing something right.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Went to the Regency for a traditional Sunday lunch Good first impressions when you walk in as there was a good buzz, yet no too noisy, despite it being busy,we were attended to straight away by a very welcoming waitress. We were allowed good time to chose and we all opted for either roast pork or beef, both were very well cooked, there was also ample veg and potatoes, including some very tasty "white" roast beetroots, which i must confess i have never heard of before, but they were mouthwatering. Good selection of wines and the Melbec we chose was delightful, so much so we could not resist ordering a second one. This is a very good restaurant and reasonably priced, there are perhaps cheaper places to go for a Sunday roast lunch, but on balance would go again as there is really nothing negative to say, although not particularly excelling in any one area, for anyone looking for a good safe bet, the Regency is recommended.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Nothing is too much for this small establishment. A crowd of us (20) had Bucks Fizz and the sharing platters on arrival. Went off to enjoy the Panto at the Spa Centre opposite, and returned for dinner afterwards. The quality of of the food was amazing, the atmosphere brilliant, and the overall experience such a pleasure. Would recommend this place to everyone.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

My niece treated me to a very good lunch here yesterday. The decor and atmosphere were most appealing and comfortable and we sat at a cosy table with a view from the window. We had the three course fixed price menu which cost £14.95 that seemed to me to be very good value. The service was excellent and unobtrusive. I had a starter of three dips-tapenade, mushroom and squash- with strips of pitta bread, followed by very tasty smoked haddock and leeks accompanied by a side dish of new potatoes. I finished with sorbet- a scoop of blackcurrant and one of lemon that were melt in the mouth delicious. My niece chose the soup as a starter and enjoyed it and the fresh crusty bread with which it was served. She had the haddock and, like me, she loved it. She finished with Bakewell tart that she pronounced to be scrumptious. My only quibble would be with the mushroom and squash dips that I found a little dull althought the tapenade was very tangy and good. A glass of wine was included in the price and my niece enjoyed hers; I don't drink alcohol but was brought a bottle of sparkling mineral water that was served with ice and lemon. I very much enjoyed the ambience and the food and would definitely recommend it highly. I intend to return when next I am in Leamington.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

We dine out 3-4 times a week so decided to give this place a try. Very nice atmosphere and attentive staff though somewhat disorganised. Food however was just OK- very overpriced for the quality and quantity received. Hardly 2oz. of chicken meat in the evening special surrounded by ample sauce with vegetable. Appetizer was equally unimpressive for the price. Might give it another try but not sure.