Tripadvisor

Order Online
Ranked #72 of 267 Restaurants in Leamington Spa
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Inspired by fast-paced japanese ramen bars, wagamama offers a range of fresh, healthy dishes including ramen, donburi, teppanyaki, curries, salads and juices. wagamama encourages guests to share in their enthusiasm, slurp on noodles, relax in good company and leave feeling happy, nourished and refreshed.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Come here regularly with friends from uni and it is my fav waga!! The layout is totally different from other wagas and the food is tasty

Date of visit: January 2020
wagamamahq, Owner at Wagamama, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave your review + 5* rating with us. it's lovely to know you visit us regularly + that you love our layout + tasty food. we do hope you will be back with us again soon, many thanks

Write a reviewReviews (430)

Reviewed January 9, 2020

Visited a few times over the past few months including June, July and Jan 20. Everytime we (my wife and two daughters) have not been disappointed. Generally you can get seated immediately as there is enough space. You get served pretty quickly and as long as they take your order, you do get your food and drinks quickly. There have been a few times when the drinks did take too long or one meal was missed. However, the food is still good.

If you like Wagamamas generally, then you'll enjoy this one.

Date of visit: January 2020
wagamamahq, Guest Relations Manager at Wagamama, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2020

we are glad that you enjoy visiting us. thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a great review. we are sorry that there has been some missed meals. we hope to see you again soon

Reviewed January 2, 2020 via mobile

Great food and helpful staff , lovely well cooked and presented food . Our waiter Lewis was very helpful in explaining that food comes out as it’s cooked then served straight away so it may not all arrive at same time but most of it did . Food was tasty and fresh and not greasy . The ramen was good

Date of visit: December 2019
wagamamahq, Guest Relations Manager at Wagamama, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2020

this is fantastic! thank you so much! we cannot wait to share this with the team + lewis! it would be great to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 29, 2019 via mobile

Do not order online. Food was 45 minutes late, we waited for 35 mins in the bar and the staff were unable to tell us where our food was, eventually arrived immediately after a complaint, cold. Won’t order online for collection again, portions are also a lot smaller for same price as eat in.

Date of visit: December 2019
wagamamahq, Guest Relations Manager at Wagamama, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2019

hi megan, we're so sorry to see you were unhappy with your order. our customer communications manager would like to look into this further. could you please use the link below to get in contact with them. thank you!

Reviewed December 16, 2019 via mobile

Worst meal ever.
Got there after getting a CONFIRMATION EMAIL about MY BOOKING
When I arrived I said Hi I have a booking for 5 , I was AGGRESSIVELY told NO you don’t !!
I showed her the email and she said we don’t do bookings tonight !!
She continued to IGNORE MY emails and Rudely argued with us.
Not the best start for a Xmas celebrations for a good year in my store.
We then get a table and are left for a long time before we are asked if we want drinks!
Then I ask a man walking past if I could have some festive menus , he says we don’t do that .
I said well I booked that and showed him the website and pdf menu available in Nov and Dec,
He abruptly says he will check with THE MANAGER .
He comes back and gives a begrudgingly direct we will sort It out , I then asked for the complimentary Prosecco and again I have to show the menu and justify it.
Getting ridiculous now.

The staff where all pretty miserable and stood around gossiping for most of the visit and very uninterested in being at work or serving customers.
There was one girl who seemed to be doing all the work on the floor and another very pleasant girl behind the bar doing drinks.

We ordered food , which was another laborious task as it was taken wrong and took a few attempts to get it right.
The food came and one of the meals was not very nice and the girl doing most of the work offered to replace the meal which we did.
I ordered some beef steamed buns to as an addition to our order at this point.
The food came and was average at best.

The beef buns came , one was well presented with beef in it and looked inviting and to quote what I said to the guy who we had spoken to earlier there was next to no meat in the other ,to the point that there was probably more meat in some vegan sausages or Quorn!!
Which he didn’t disagree with such was the poor effort .
I simply stated I will eat the half that’s there and I don’t think it to much to take half the value of that dish off the bill.
He DID NOT instead taking a £2.75 half pint off the bill.
Terrible service and complaint management.
Around this time he then says he is the Manager, A colleague points out to me that he had lied to us earlier then as he said he was checking with the Manager about the festive menu availability!!
To true.
Whilst eating A colleague sat opposite me looked over to the other side of the restaurant and was yelled at by a girl behind the till , “can I help you only you keep looking at me”
REALLY IS THIS HOW HOTEL AND CATERING staff in a service industry should behave towards customers?
The whole meal was ruined !!
When the Bill came as I said there was next to no reduction for the beef buns let alone the ABUSE given to my colleague from the young lady.
In fact the arrogant and obnoxious thin man , possibly the manager , I say possible as it’s clearly when it’s suits ,if a tall , he tries to rush me to pay and I agreed out of a desire to get out of there just to pay saying , oh what ever and pulled out some cash !!
I gave him the money and a colleague said they have charged us for to many mains , I called him over pointed it out and then three of them huddled over a till , then huddled round a table and came back with a full price bill minus a 2.75 drink and tried to point out what he had done as an apology ??
In total disbelief at his arrogance , stupidity and poor service I walked out after getting our change.
NEVER AGAIN WILL I GO TO A WAGMAMAS!
In general though this place and the staff are awful and I would strongly advise avoiding it , there’s plenty of other places to eat in Leamington and I suggest you do !!

1  Thank Barry M
wagamamahq, Guest Relations Manager at Wagamama, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2019

we are very sorry to hear about this visit. we would like our customer communications manager to look into this further. can you please use the link below to get in contact with them