“Love it Love it Love it” 4 of 5 bubbles

Habano
Ranked #29 of 255 Restaurants in Leamington Spa
Cuisines: Latin, Cafe, Spanish, Cuban
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Cuban/Latin Restuarant/Cafe which reflects the style of Cuba before the Castro/Che era, Serving High quality breakfasts and lunches, as well as an excellent range of the finest tapas and evening meal specials. A wonderful place to have breakfast or evening cocktails, tapas and wine. The only place in the midlands that has Cuban beer, Coffee, Cigars and cocktails. Perfect for the family breakfast, coffee morning, business meeting or a romantic evening with your partner. Havana also has free wi-fi for those all important business appointments.
Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
“Love it Love it Love it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

Came on 5/12 using groupon voucher. They weren't opening evenings until the 6th but we couldnt come as a group before now or up to the expiry date. The staff accommodated my request which was a huge plus before we even came to try it out...thank you :-)

Our Night was great. The staff were friendly, they weren't overbearing. The food was fantistic and so was the wine The tapas selection was good and we loved being able to eat and chat in a really relaxed atmosphere after work. We stayed a couple of hours and weren't ever made to feel we had to leave even then

All of us said we will be back and have enthused to colleagues too (we have only recently moved office to leamington). In fact I am there now enjoying a glass of sparkly and waiting for a warm Camembert board, chutney and breads and really can't wait.

The atmosphere is relaxed, cosy, lowish lightning and great background music. I will become a regular no doubt :-)

They have a wine tasting night on the 12th Dec and am told its new wines to try - should be good for anyone thinking of giving the place a go

6 Thank pickle66
FidelleamingtonSpa, Owner at Habano, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you for your feedback we are really glad you enjoyed our service your custom is really appreciated

Midlands UK
“Why haven't I been in before?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

I've been threatening to come in here for a while. I'll be back. Good coffee, nice food and good service. What more could you want?

5 Thank leamMidlandsUK
Porto, Porto, Portugal
“Great Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

Good vibe, very nice service, friendly staff, great snacks. A very cool place to be, relaxing atmosphere. Went without expectations and had a good surprise.

• Visited November 2012
6 Thank Raul P
Warwickshire England
“Breakfast at Havana”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

Saw Havana on Trip Advisor so friend and I decided to meet for mid-morning breakfast. Pleasant surroundings, central Leamington so easy to find (next door to Rhubarb!). Liked the decor and girl waiting was friendly, pleasant but (her admission) a little bit tired from a late night! Hmmm.......
I ordered a filled omelette, friend chose smoked salmon and scrambled eggs, each a Latte.
Waitress brought fried egg dish for me so I sent it back and she was hugely apologetic. Friend tucked into her nice dish (capers would have been brill! Or a bit of garnish). Eventually I got my omelette - overcooked with undercooked mushrooms and cold tomato filling. Hmmm...... Nice Latte and smiling apologetic Waitress.
Went to pay (about £15.50 total) and had to ask for my change from a £20. She'd forgotten! Hmmm.......
What do I think about Havana? There were about 6 people, including us, in the Restaurant. So, doing my maths, how would dinner service pan out?..... Nice place but for service Id rather be next door in Rhubarb!!

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank bren055
FidelleamingtonSpa, Owner at Habano, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Can you please advise what date and time, where you sat and what you were wearing when you came to our establishment. We take these reviews very seriously and we need to verify with our CCTV footage if your claim is true!!!! As if it is I will need to discipline the members of staff concerned. We take customer service very seriously and we expect very high standards from the staff who work for us. So if this is not a false review your assistance would be greatly appreciated....
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Food, Terrible Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

Going to Cafe Havana on a Sunday with my parents for a spot of lunch should of been a good experance but the service really let the place down. We ordered 3 sandwiches that took an hour to come. I could not believe the wait for the food, it really spoilt the day as we where pushed for time and expected a sandwich to be produced from there kitchen within around 15 mins of ordering; unfortunately it took them an hour!!!!

However the food was good but this really didn't make up for the long wait for the food which spoilt the whole experance. I would not go there again untill the service improves dramatically; very disapointing as I like to support local restaurants.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank kasanders
I am so sorry if you had a lengthy wait, can you advise when you visited us as I want to find out from the staff working that day why you might have been kept waiting for so long. Also if you can come and see myself then I will make sure that we make up for this experience. I take these things very seriously and customer service and satisfaction is absolutely top of our priorities.